In Western North Carolina
The Land of Waterfalls. North Carolina mountains are renowned for the magnificent natural waterfalls that enrich our landscape. While many of these falls are located on protected public lands, numerous private properties also feature beautiful rivers or streams with shimmering waterfalls. At Sheelah Clarkson Asheville Real Estate Agency, we specialize in helping buyers find waterfall homes and waterfall property throughout the greater Asheville area. If you're looking for a waterfall home or land on which to build a custom home near a waterfall, contact us.
Waterfall Properties for Sale
The Cove at Celo Mountain | Enjoy waterfalls, trout ponds and bold mountain streams. The Cove at Celo Mountain is a 58-acre gated North Carolina mountain community now being sold in its entirety. This property affords a wealth of natural amenities including pristine surroundings with short range mountain views, plentiful wildlife, beautiful streams, creeks, bold trout ponds, cascading waterfalls, outdoor parks and manicured hiking trails. The acreage is located only 45 minutes to Asheville. View details of this acreage.
Some of our Sold Waterfall Properties
Chalk Creek Farm | Live beside your own private waterfall and 2-acre pond on this 19-acre mountain farm. This luxury log home is built half way up Chalk Mountain in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the back deck you can see and hear the spring fed 50-foot waterfall that feeds the pond in the lower pasture. The updated home is wonderful for a part time retreat or a year round farm. Enjoy cathedral ceilings, stone fireplace, hardwood floors, granite countertops, stainless appliances, master on main. Equestrians will appreciate the large pasture plus custom barn with 5 stalls and tack room. View more details of this pastoral waterfall property. SOLD
Waterfall Home | Live in breathtaking wonder next to your own 40-foot natural mountain waterfall. This exceptional contemporary home features a dramatic waterfall outside plus a wealth of gracious amenities inside. Discerning buyers will appreciate the Tuscan style gourmet kitchen with 100-year-old heart pine beams reclaimed from a Southern cotton mill; the stunning great room with its soaring cathedral ceilings and wall of windows opening out onto the magnificent landscape; and the spa-like retreat of the master bath with its marble tile floor and full marble walk-in shower. Enjoy both long range vistas of Melrose Mountain and close up views of your own spectacular mountain waterfall. SOLD
Waterfalls on 44 Acres | Listen to the music of a rushing mountain stream. Exceptional private waterfalls adorn this estate tract located two miles south of Lake Lure, North Carolina. With pastures, hayfields, an old home site, and portions of a historic drover's road wandering through, this outstanding tract of land was not bound to linger on the market for long. Congratulations to discerning buyers of this fine mountain acreage. SOLD
North Carolina Waterfalls
If you’re up for exploring some of the most breathtaking waterfalls in the nation, we can give you some tips for your self-guided tour. Here’s our list of the top 5 waterfalls to visit in the greater Asheville area:
- Graveyard Falls on the Blue Ridge Parkway. A short hike from milepost 419 on the Parkway leads to two stunning waterfalls, Upper Yellowstone Falls and Little Yellowstone Falls. For details, view The Waterfalls at Graveyard Fields.
- Pearson's Falls near Saluda. This lovely waterfall is open to the public and accessible via a short hiking trail off of U.S. 176 between Tryon and Saluda, North Carolina. For more information, visit Pearsonís Falls.
- Looking Glass Falls near Brevard. Located on U.S. 276 in Pisgah National Forest, this dazzling roadside waterfall has captured the hearts of generations. Youíll have easy viewing of this 60-foot waterfall from the parking area. For more information, view Looking Glass Falls.
- Whitewater Falls near Cashiers. With a 411-foot drop, Upper Whitewater Falls is considered to be the highest falls east of the Rocky Mountains. The overlook is easily accessible via a paved path. For details, visit Whitewater Falls.
- Hickory Nut Falls near Lake Lure. Filming location of the movie The Last of the Mohicans, this spectacular 400-foot waterfall is located in Chimney Rock State Park and is one of the highest falls east of the Mississippi. For more information, see Chimney Rock Park.
- Dupont State Forest near Hendersonville. This10,000-acre public forest boasts several remarkable waterfalls accessible by hiking trails. Here, you can explore Triple Falls, High Falls, Hooker Falls, Grassy Creek Falls and Wintergreen Falls. Each year, the Friends of DuPont State Forest offer the Tour de Falls, a 12-mile shuttle bus trip to several of the falls. For more information, visit DuPont State Forest.
- Gorges State Park near Sapphire. With more than 7,500 acres of pristine mountain land, this park boasts the largest number of waterfalls of any park in the entire state. Enjoy Auger Hole Falls, Bearwallow Falls, the falls at Maple Spring Branch and many others. For more information, see Gorges State Park.
- NC Waterfall Map. For your research, hereís a handy interactive map of all the major waterfalls in western North Carolina. View the Waterfall Map.
- The Waterfall Byway. This driving tour spans several counties in Western North Carolina, starting in the Brevard area and leading to Highlands, Franklin and as far west as Murphy. Youíll find 200 waterfalls along this scenic route. For details, visit The Waterfall Byway.
For those who want to see several waterfalls on one tour, we recommend these options: