3.3-Acre Estate on the Green River at Lake Summit, NC
PRICE REDUCED BY $1 MILLION
Surround yourself in bliss at this private 3–acre riverfront estate featuring a stunning timber frame home and guest cottage with boathouse. This secluded one-of-a-kind estate on the Green River features a truly magnificent 2007 residence with Douglas fir beams, oak floors, radiant floor heat, gourmet kitchen and massive native stone fireplace. This sophisticated waterfront property offers complete privacy with both river and lake amenities.Here, you’ll be surrounded by a gracious community of upscale lake homes and private summer camps set amid the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The Riverfront |
On your private riverfront estate, you’ll enjoy the upscale guest cottage with its full boat slip, sand beach and outdoor fire pit.From this idyllic park setting, you can boat down the Green River to Lake Summit where you’ll have full privileges at one of North Carolina’s most prestigious mountain lakes.
Main Residence |
Tucked among tall shade trees, this magnificent home offers remarkable architectural design merged with solid post and beam construction and a variety of high end appointments. With more than 7,400 square feet of living space on three levels, this is an ideal home for the discerning buyer looking for a luxury waterfront getaway. Amenities include Douglas fir beams, oak floors, central vac, Rinnai hot water heater, cat 5 cable for computer network and zoned heating.
The Entry | The majestic 2-story porte-cochère welcomes you to the home. Notice the extensive stonework, solid-slab stairs, custom railings and classic Prairie style lighting. The handsome entry door was crafted by a local mill to fit the style, dimensions and grandeur of this home.
Great Room |
Exquisite and spacious, the great room is a masterpiece of craftsmanship featuring showcase views over the Green River and Camp Greystone pastures. The room features a stunning floor-to-ceiling stacked stone fireplace, oak paneled ceiling with Douglas fir beams, oak floors and two sets of French doors, each set leading out to one of the covered porches.
This gourmet kitchen was designed with the chef in mind.From the handsome custom designed Arts & Crafts cabinetry and tumbled limestone tile backsplash to the large center island with eat-in bar, Silestone countertops and oversized undermount double enamel sink, this space provides both convenience and style. The baking area features a pop-up shelf for mix master and an appliance garage while the TV cabinet on its own swivel shelf faces the counter area. The appliance package includes a 5-burner stainless steel Kenmore Elite dual fuel stove, Kenmore Elite microwave, and wood paneled KitchenAid side-by-side refrigerator.
There’s plenty of space and magnificent views from the formal dining area. Featuring exposed beams, tongue-and-groove plank ceiling, sophisticated lighting and 3 large picture windows with transoms, this area provides the ideal setting for family meals. Notice the magnificent Arts and Crafts bar which divides the dining area from the great room. This impressive piece serves as a dining room hutch on one side and a wet bar on the other.
Two offices are located on the main level. Both rooms feature oak floors, handsome custom shelves and granite countertops.
Master Bedroom |
The spacious master suite, located on the main level, includes a large gas fireplace, soaring ceilings with Douglas fir beams, French doors leading out to a covered porch and private views into the woodlands.
Master Bath |
Experience your own personal spa in this elegant master bath.This room features a seamless glass shower with limestone tile, handsome claw-foot tub, large windows with privacy glass, double vanity and tile floors with radiant heat.
Loft Level |
This intriguing level of the home provides views out to the river plus several unique living spaces. The family room includes large windows, built-in bookcases and window seats/beds for lounging or extra guest space.A separate game space and a full bath are also located on this level. The clever tower bedroom is surrounded by windows. This enchanting space features a spiral staircase up to the secluded hideaway sitting room where you’ll enjoy spectacular panoramic views at the top of the tower.
Lower Level |
The spacious lower level is ideal for teens, guests and family play space. Enjoy the wide hallway, the open rec room with wet bar and adjacent game closet. Guests will appreciate the “dungeon” bedroom with its dark sleeping quarters at one end of the house and, at the other end, a massive family sleeping room large enough to hold five beds and still have room to play. The floor-to-ceiling curtain in this room provides for privacy or the perfect “show stage” for children’s theater productions.Throughouth the lower level, there’s plenty of access to the long covered porch overlooking the river.
Climbing Wall |
For the quintessential mountain sportsman in your family, this custom indoor climbing wall provides the perfect venue for practice. Housed in the 3-story stairwell, this stone climbing wall can be seen from all three levels of the home.
Porches & Views |
This wide and breezy rocking chair porch with its easy care Timber Tech decking, deep overhang and sunny skylights will quickly become a favored spot. Relax and watch the river glide by or catch a glimpse of horses grazing in the Camp Greystone pastures. This wraparound porch is the perfect venue for outdoor dining and entertaining.The master bedroom has its own private porch with river views. On the lower level, additional covered porch space runs the length of the house.
Your Private River Park |
This distinctive riverfront park features a magnificent recreational area for your family and friends. Enjoy the delightful one-bedroom guest cottage with its grand waterfront views plus a full boat slip on the river level.The level acreage surrounding the boathouse is ideal for a variety of recreational activities from family picnics and riverfront parties to Frisbee competitions, volleyball, or a game of touch football.
Boathouse Living Room |
Relax and spread out in this magnificent open space. This open room features wood paneled walls and ceiling as well as massive windows looking out onto private riverfront views.Sliding glass doors lead to the front deck.There’s also a cozy wood stove tucked into the corner.
Boathouse Kitchen & Bath |
This cute kitchen with its black and white checkerboard motif and bright red cabinetry features a Whirlpool stovetop, KitchenAid microwave, Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator and plenty of cabinet storage. There’s also a handy breakfast bar with seating for three. The nearby bath includes a walk-in shower and Kohler sink. This level also includes a Whirlpool stacked washer and dryer.
Boathouse Loft |
Upstairs, the large loft is great for an office, game room or extra sleeping space.
Boathouse Decks |
The boathouse features front and back decks overlooking your private river park setting.Sturdy railings and easy care Timber Tech decking make these outdoor venues the perfect spot for outdoor dining and waterfront relaxation.
The Grounds |
Poised on your own private peninsula formed by a bend in the Green River, the boathouse is surrounded by easy-landscape grounds, a small pond with fountain and sand beach.
The Community |
Summit Landing is a small and secluded gated community on the Green River.The community features 6 acres of private green space with clubhouse and walking trails plus community kayaks and canoes. Input from your own boathouse or from the community dock, then drift down the Green River and out onto the peaceful waters of Lake Summit. Homeowners in Summit Landing now have the option of also joining the Lake Summit Homeowners’ Association. From Summit Landing, it’s an easy drive to dining and shopping in both Saluda and Hendersonville
Lake Summit |
Spanning approximately 300 acres and offering 10 miles of shoreline, Lake Summit is one of North Carolina’s most prestigious mountain lakes. Approximately 250 cottages with boathouses are located around the lake; most used as summer getaways.On the western end of the lake and along the headwaters of the Green River are several summer camps including Camp Greystone, Camp Mondamin and Camp Green Cove.Duke Power generates power from their hydroelectric plant at the eastern end of the lake.Residents enjoy a full range of lake sports including power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming and pontoon cruises.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2007
- 4 bedrooms; 5 full baths
- Approximately 7,494 square feet of living space
- 3 stories
- Rugged post and beam construction with beams made of Douglas fir
- Frame imported from Canada
- Exterior of stone and easy care HardiePlank in board and batten styling
- Rinnai hot water heater
- Central vac
- Gutters with leaf guards
- Cat 5 cable for computer network
- Crank-out wood frame windows throughout
- Zoned heating featuring Unico HVAC system with 3 zones, 3 heat pumps, 2 air handlers
- Handsome porte-cochère covered entry with Prairie style lighting and stack stone columns
Guest Cottage & Boathouse
- Great room with floor-to-ceiling wood-burning stacked stone fireplace, oak floors and wall of windows overlooking the river
- Gourmet kitchen with Arts & Crafts cabinetry, tumbled limestone tile, center island with eat-in bar, oak floors, granite countertops and porcelain undermount sink
- Appliances include 5-burner stainless steel Kenmore Elite dual fuel, Kenmore Elite microwave, and wood paneled KitchenAid refrigerator
- Open formal dining area with 3 picture windows and transoms looking out to riverfront views
- Master suite with oak floors, gas fireplace, exposed beams
- Master bath with seamless glass shower, claw foot tub, double vanity, tile floors with radiant heat
- Two offices on the main level, both with custom built-in cabinets and granite countertops
- Grand wraparound covered porch with skylights, easy care Timber Tech decking and magnificent views of the river
- Upper level with loft family room, built-in bookcases and window seats/beds and river views
- Upper bedroom with adjacent bath, windows on 3 sides and spiral staircase up to tower room
- Lower level with 11-foot ceilings, enormous bunkroom and full bath; wide hall with stonework; exercise room with wet bar; additional guest room
- Lower level deck with access via two sets of French doors
- Remarkable 3-level stone climbing wall inside the home
- Built in 2005
- 1200-square feet of living space
- Full boat slip below
- Large living room with wood burning stove
- One bedroom,full bath, full kitchen and washer/dryer on the main level
- Large loft on the upper level
- Open floor plan and wood paneled walls and ceiling
- Front and back Timber Tech decks overlooking the river and neighboring pastures
- Zoned heating with 3 zones and 3 electric wall units
- Ideal for river parties, guest quarters or rental
- 3.39 acres poised on the Green River
- Paved driveway to house and boathouse area
- Totally private views to the river and across the Camp Greystonehorse pastures
- Low maintenance landscape with native hardwood trees, rhododendron and mountain laurel
- Spacious “peninsula” acreage in a bend of the river with campfire cookout area, parking, fountain and private sand beach
- Full Lake Summit privileges
- Summit Landing, a small gated community
- Poised along the Green River near Lake Summit
- Gated entrance
- 6-acre community waterfront park on the Green River
- Clubhouse and walking trails
- Located in Tuxedo, NC
- Proximity to several summer camps including Camps Mondamin, Green Cove and Greystone
- Proximity to the arts, including Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site and the Flat Rock Theater
- 6 miles to I-26
- 6 miles to Flat Rock, NC
- 10 miles to Saluda, NC
- 10 miles to Hendersonville, NC
- 20 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Asheville, NC
- 30 miles to Greenville, SC
- 34 miles to Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
MLS # | North Carolina Mountains MLS 486462
Price | Reduced from $2,750,000 to $1,750,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Jim Kirkpatrick or Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Jim at
Cell Phone: 828.674.5733
or call Sheelah