Lake Summit Masterpiece Estate & Boathouse
1.75-Acre Private Estate at Lake Summit, North Carolina
Chic, sleek and lakefront savvy, this breathtaking masterpiece has just undergone a major renovation and is ready for the new owner to enjoy one of the most desirable and private waterfront locations in the North Carolina mountains. The classy and inspiring private estate home boasts all the latest luxuries a discerning buyer expects in a residence of this caliber, including chic gourmet kitchen, high ceilings, luxurious master suite, surround sound, mature landscaping, and spectacular lake views. Enjoy 1.75 acres of privacy and gracious waterfront living at the 3-slip boathouse with its magnificent party deck.
The Residence |
This grand designer home is a contemporary masterpiece which has just experienced a full year of thoughtful renovation to update the main floor with state-of-the-art high end amenities. Boasting 4 bedrooms and 3 ½ baths, this home offers a wealth of premium features including a new chic and sleek designer kitchen; keeping room with rock fireplace; spectacular living room with vaulted ceiling and wall of glass; surround sound; luxurious master suite; two-car garage; zoned heating; porches and decks; and easy-care landscaping; all overlooking Lake Summit. The home was built in 1991 and remodeled in 2010.
The Entry |
A Japanese garden greets your family and guests at the front of the home. The stone walkway, rock porch and handsome mahogany front door provide a welcoming approach. Inside, the handsome teak floor transitions into a remarkable living room.
Living/Dining Room |
Just past the entry, the ceiling vaults up to over 20 feet. A dramatic wall of glass showcases incredible views of Lake Summit. The ceiling is reclaimed wormy chestnut and the floors are Brazilian cherry. This classy, open area serves as both the living room and dining area and adjoins the kitchen.
New in 2010, this custom designer kitchen is modern on a grand scale. The gleaming white cabinets are topped with black granite. The oversized island is the centerpiece and sure to be a favorite gathering spot. The stainless steel appliance package includes Liebherr commercial style s/s refrigerator/freezer, Fisher & Paykel cooktop, dishwasher, Dacor double oven and large capacity icemaker. The vaulted ceiling features a beautiful chandelier. The in-kitchen dining area overlooks the lake. The mahogany stairs, custom built in Maine, provide a second stairwell to the lower level.
Keeping Room |
Open to this nearly 1000-square-foot kitchen is this elegant keeping room with rock wood burning fireplace, reclaimed Cyprus ceiling from the Lake Summit flume line and Brazilian cherry floors.
Opposite the living room is the handsome library with remarkable boxed beamed ceiling, built-in bookcases, recessed lighting and teak floors. The stunning Palladian window overlooks the Japanese garden.
Master Bedroom |
The bright master suite with its Zen modern feel, features idyllic views. The floors are mahogany and the ceiling is reclaimed wormy chestnut. A new Spark Ribbon gas fireplace seems just right in this space. The private balcony is a great place to catch up on your reading. His and Her walk-in closets with custom built-ins maximize storage space. Notice the jetted soaking tub with glass tile surround and marble top located just off to the side, leading into the luxurious bath.
Master Bath |
With its barrel vaulted ceiling, the stunning master bath features an oversized shower with six showerheads including Rainshower and seamless glass door, Japanese toilet with heat and bidet features. There are three separate vanity areas with granite countertops, two with sinks and another for cosmetics. The new cabinets are rosewood fusion.
Lower Level |
Downstairs, you’ll find a delightful recreation room and three guest rooms, each with a large walk-in closet. This level also includes a sauna, second study, laundry room, heated storage room/mechanical room, and two-car garage with plenty of extra storage space. Both baths on the lower level have tile floors and one features a jetted tub.
Screened Porch |
Adjoining the kitchen, the screened porch with its disappearing sliding doors provides a peaceful retreat. You’ll love the easy-care teak floors and the big lake views.
The stylish deck was just upgraded with no-maintenance Trex decking and stainless steel wire railings. At this striking venue, you’ll enjoy hours of private relaxation and outdoor entertaining.
The Views |
Sweeping views of the lake are available from the outdoor deck, the screened porch and many rooms in the home. From this vantage point overlooking Lake Summit, your family and guests will be delightfully surrounded in that weekend-at-the-lake ambiance.
The Grounds |
Beautiful low maintenance grounds surround the house. Several private sitting areas are tucked into the landscape and a terraced path leads to the waterfront. There’s plenty of paved parking for guests and a nice winding paved driveway leading into the property. There’s even room to build a guest house on the 1.75 acres of land.
Just a few years old, this delightful boathouse is designed to be low maintenance so you’ll have more time for fun on the lake. The boathouse is located right in the middle of the widest, most desirable section of Lake Summit. The huge party deck is Trex and the covered area is paneled in pine. Down below are three boat slips with a boatlift, storage room, another huge deck, and nice swim area.
The Community |
Spanning 300 acres with 10 miles of shoreline, Lake summit is a very special place. There are just over 250 cottages with boathouses around the lake; most used as summer getaways. Duke Power generates power from their hydroelectric plant at the eastern end of the lake. On the western end of the lake and along the headwaters of the Green River, Camp Greystone for girls, Camp Green Cove for girls and Camp Mondamin for boys have a long history as great summer camps. The Green River is the main tributary for the lake, and with just one look into the water, you will know why it is called the "Green" River. Residents enjoy power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming, pontoon cruises and just sitting on the porch taking in the view.
The Location |
Lake Summit has long been one of the most desired locations in the mountains. Just 8 minutes from Flat Rock and 12 minutes from Hendersonville, Lake Summit is centrally located between the larger cities of Greenville, Spartanburg, and Asheville; each just about 35 minutes away. The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) is an easy 20-minute drive. The Charlotte Douglas International airport (CLT) is a 90-minute drive.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1991; Remodeled in 2010
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 4900 square feet of living space
- Covered porch with approximately 275 square feet
- House is sited on the lot to take advantage of the sunny southern exposure for winter warmth and summer shade
- Incredible views
- Huge parking area ideal for entertaining
- Oversized deck
- Security system, driveway alarm to alert you of guest arriving
- Two gas HVAC systems provide zoned heating and cooling
- Satellite system
- Internet available from ATT
- Surround sound with built-in Polk audio speakers
- Two water heaters
- City water
- 2-bay garage
- Open floor plan with large open rooms and private getaways
- Beautiful wood floors and ceilings throughout the house
- High ceilings and vaulted ceilings
- Each room takes full advantage of the view
- Wood burning fireplace and gas ribbon fireplace
- An abundance of storage space
- Master on main with mahogany floors and reclaimed wormy chestnut ceiling
- Master bath with three vanities, rosewood fusion cabinets and oversized tiled shower with six showerheads
- Chic 2010 custom designer kitchen with Fisher & Paykel, Liebherr and Dacor appliances
- Keeping room with rock fireplace, reclaimed Cyprus ceiling and Brazilian cherry floors
- Library with its boxed beamed ceiling, built-in bookcases, teak floors and Palladian window
- Lower level with rec room, three guest rooms, second study, laundry room and sauna
- Screened porch with teak floors and big lake views
- Stylish outdoor deck with Trex decking, stainless steel wire railings and sweeping lake vistas
- Designed for entertaining
- Main section of the lake with fantastic views
- Boathouse is only a few years old
- 3 boat slips with boat lift
- Attractive landscaping
- Superb party deck with Trex decking and pine paneling
- Nice swim area
- Approximately 1.75 acres
- Private setting
- Paved driveway
- Plenty of paved area for guest parking
- Terraced path leading to the waterfront
- Beautiful low maintenance landscaping
- Room to build guest house on property
- Close to U.S. 25 and I-26 for easy access
- Located in Tuxedo, NC
- Proximity to several summer camps including Camps Mondamin, Green Cove and Greystone
- Proximity to the arts, including Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site and the Flat Rock Theater
- 6 miles to I-26
- 6 miles to Flat Rock, NC
- 10 miles to Saluda, NC
- 10 miles to Hendersonville, NC
- 20 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Asheville, NC
- 30 miles to Greenville, SC
- 34 miles to Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
Price | Inactive Listing
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Jim Kirkpatrick.
or call Jim at
Cell Phone: 828.674.5733