Mid-Century Lake Estate with Boathouse
Lake Summit, North Carolina
This beautiful unspoiled 6-bedroom mid-century home and boathouse, sited on one of Lake Summit’s finest lots, is ready for a new owner to enjoy all the lake has to offer. The home and matching boathouse have remained unchanged since they were built. The original kitchen and baths remain intact. Mature landscaping and spectacular lake views await. Enjoy waterfront living from the boathouse with its stunning rock fireplace and one of the best private beaches on the lake. This is truly one of the most desirable pieces of land on the lake.
The Residence |
This is the best example of mid-century architecture on the lake. With 6 bedrooms and 4 baths, this home is designed for a large family and lots of friends. The spacious living room with its huge rock fireplace and incredible views will surely be a favorite gathering spot. The home features a circular driveway, carport, extensive rockwork, decks and patio. The home was built in 1958 and had some important updates in 2001.
Living Room |
With panoramic views of Lake Summit, the living room with its cathedral ceiling, massive rock fireplace, and picture window provides the perfect setting for your ideal lake getaway. The ceiling and walls are wood and the floors are random width pine. This open sunny room is joined on the back by the kitchen and dining room.
This vintage 1958 kitchen has seen very little use and everything is in working order. The custom copper hood provides the centerpiece and also divides the space between the kitchen and dining rooms. Appliances include cooktop, wall oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
The master bedroom, just as the other 5 bedrooms, features a wall of custom built-in storage with drawers and cabinets. The floors are pine and the sliding door opens to the front deck The adjoining master bathroom is vintage 1958 and has seen little use. The floor is tile. The 5 guest rooms all have incredible views of the lake and each opens out on to the deck or patio.
Decks & Views |
A patio sits just off the dining room and would be a great place for outdoor dining. The deck, located just off the living room, provides the ideal spot for reading a book or just enjoying the spectacular lake views. Beautiful grounds surround the house with extensive grass and woods.
The Boathouse |
With its huge party room, built-in bar, and enormous rock fireplace, the boathouse provides a wonderful place to entertain and enjoy the lake. Not only does the property boast a 2-slip boathouse, but another dock anchors the opposite end of the waterfront. The location is right in the middle of the widest, most desirable section of Lake Summit. This is one of the few properties on the lake with its own sandy beach! This is truly one of the best pieces of land on the lake.
Lake Summit |
Spanning about 300 acres with around 10 miles of shoreline, Lake Summit is a very special place. Duke Power generates power from their hydroelectric plant at the eastern end of the lake. There are just over 250 cottages with boathouses around the lake; most used as summer getaways. On the western end of the lake and along the headwaters of the Green River, Camp Greystone for girls, Camp Green Cove for girls and Camp Mondamin for boys have a long history as great summer camps. The Green River is the main tributary for the lake, and with just one look into the water, you will know why it is called the "Green" River. Residents enjoy power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming, pontoon cruises and just sitting on the porch taking in the view.
The Location |
Lake Summit has long been one of the most desired locations in the mountains. Just 10 minutes from Flat Rock and 15 minutes to Hendersonville, Lake Summit is centrally located between Greenville, Spartanburg, and Asheville; each just about 35 minutes away. The Asheville airport is an easy 20-minute drive. The Charlotte airport is a 90-minute drive.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1958
- 6 bedrooms; 4 baths
- Approximately 3,035 square feet of living space
- 2001 updates include new roof, new oil furnace and central air conditioning, new septic system
- House is sited on the lot to take advantage of lake and mountain views
- Private setting
- Extensive rock work
- Private well; city water available
- Each room takes full advantage of the view
- Wood burning rock fireplace with copper hood
- Incredible views from almost every room
- Beautiful wood floors
- Designed for entertaining and lots of guest
- Cathedral ceiling
- Lots of storage
- Deck and patio
- All furniture is included with purchase
- Main section of the lake with fantastic views
- Huge party room with bar, rock fireplace, cathedral ceilings
- 2 boat slips
- Dock for guest parking at opposite end of property from boathouse
- Huge grassy waterfront area
- Private sandy beach
- Truly one of the finest waterfronts on Lake Summit
- Approximately .77 acres per GIS
- Plenty of parking
- Private setting
- Beautiful grounds surround the house with extensive grass and woods
- Circular driveway
- Close to Hwy 25 and I-26 for easy access
- Located on Lake Summit in Saluda, NC
- Proximity to several summer camps including Camps Mondamin, Green Cove and Greystone
- Proximity to the arts, including Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site and the Flat Rock Theater
- 6 miles to I-26
- 6 miles to Flat Rock, NC
- 10 miles to Hendersonville, NC
- 20 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Asheville, NC
- 30 miles to Greenville, SC
- 34 miles to Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
MLS # | North Carolina Mountains MLS 513661
Price | Reduced from $2,125,000 to $1,500,000
Contact | To arrange for a private showing, please
contact Jim Kirkpatrick
or call Jim at
Cell Phone: 828.674.5733