Lakefront Home on Lake Rugby
Hendersonville, North Carolina
THIS LISTING NO LONGER ACTIVE
Come home to a picture perfect lakefront home with your own private dock on Lake Rugby. This bright Cape Cod home features a sunny new kitchen with new appliances and granite countertops. You’ll appreciate the large living room with double French doors opening out to the lake; spacious master suite on the main level with bay windows; zoned heating; and expansive deck overlooking the lake. Enjoy the large lot with mature trees and 170 feet of shoreline. This property is offered at a great price and its centrally located only 15 minutes from both Hendersonville and Asheville.
The Residence |
Built in 1996, this charming 3-bedroom residence boasts a delightful architectural style with bay windows and dormers. The home has 30-year architectural shingles, new carpeting installed in 2010, easy care vinyl siding and 1500 square feet of basement space with a handy garage and workshop combination. In addition, there’s plenty of exterior paved parking where you can park up to 9 cars or even your motor home.
From the rocking chair front porch, step through the front door into this welcoming foyer with tile floors. This area offers an easy flow into the dining room, living room and staircase.
Living Room |
Enjoy this large living room with sunny French doors opening out onto your private deck and overlooking the lake beyond. There’s plenty of space for here for family gatherings and indoor/outdoor entertaining. New carpeting was installed in 2010.
This comfortable kitchen features granite countertops, oak cabinetry and 2007 Whirlpool appliances including cooktop stove, refrigerator with ice maker, and quiet dishwasher with adjustable racks. Notice the tile floors and 10-inch deep stainless steel undermount sink.
Breakfast Nook |
Located adjacent to the kitchen, this cheery space features a lovely bay window and ceiling fan. This is a great spot for informal brunches and snacks.
The formal dining room offers a large window, handsome chandelier and a half wall open to the living room and lake views beyond.
Master Bedroom |
If you enjoy plenty of space in your bedroom, this huge master suite fits the bill. In this room, conveniently located on the main level, you’ll have plenty of space for a separate sitting area, desk space or exercise equipment. Notice the bright, airy space and elegant bay windows.
Master Bath |
The ensuite master bath features double sinks with gold fixtures, dark wood cabinetry and an oversized corner garden tub with maching dark wood panels. There’s also a separate shower with glass doors and porcelain tile flooring.
Guest Bedrooms |
These two guest rooms boast sunny dormer windows, ceiling fans and huge closets that are 17 feet long. You won’t run out of storage space here. If your family is small, use one room for a private office and the other for a bedroom.
The Deck |
This shady deck overlooking the lake is likely to become your favorite spot. The deck is a perfect spot for an early morning cup of coffee, an afternoon break or a family cook-out.
The Garage |
For the car buff or handyman in your family, this large 1500-square-foot heated garage and basement provides enough room to park your car and trailer or boat plus plenty of space for a workshop and storage.
The Grounds |
This cheerful home includes a large .69-acre homesite with mature trees and easy care landscaping. You’ll enjoy shady afternoons, sharing lakeside comradery with friends and family. A gently lit stone-lined path leads to a stone fire pit and the steps down your private dock. Watch the ducks, geese, birds, deer and other wildlife that visit the lake.
The Community |
Lake Rugby is a small community of lake homes with tree-lined streets that wind around the lake’s edge. Tucked away in a quiet location just outside Hendersonville, this is a quiet and walkable neighborhood with a pristine setting. Enjoy all privileges on this private lake, including boating, canoeing and fishing.
The Location |
Lake Rugby is located only 15 minutes from downtown Hendersonville and 15 minutes from Asheville. It’s a convenient 10-minute drive to the Asheville Regional Airport. Although the home is tucked away in seclusion, you’ll have ease of access to all the main roads, including Interstate 26, U.S. Highway 25 and U.S. Highway 64.
Summary of Features
- 3 bedrooms; 2 full baths; 1 half bath
- Built in 1996
- Cape Cod design
- Approximately 2,290 square feet of living space
- 30-year architectural shingles
- Vinyl siding
- Gas forced air heat; electric heat pump; Central AC
- Paved driveway
- 1500-square feet of basement space with garage and workshop combination
- Double garage is deep enough to park boat or trailer plus car
- Exquisite deck overlooking the lake
- Airy living room with double French doors overlooking the lake
- Kitchen with granite countertops, oak cabinets and 2007 Whirlpool appliances
- Delightful breakfast nook with bay window
- Formal dining room with half wall open to the living room and lake views
- Huge master suite on main level with beautiful bay windows
- Master bath with double marble sinks, wood cabinetry, corner tub, separate shower, porcelain tile floors
- Oversized guest bedrooms with massive closets
- Roomy guest bath/laundry room with tile floor and new countertops located on the main level
- Full bath on second floor with new tub/shower, dual sinks, new commode and porcelain tile floor
- New carpeting installed in 2010
- .69- acre lakefront lot
- Mature trees and easy care landscape
- 24/7 lake views
- Fire pit
- Lighted stone-lined path down to the lake
- Pave driveway with parking for motor home or up to 9 cars
- Private dock on the lake
- Over 170 feet of shoreline on Lake Rugby
- 15 minutes to Hendersonville
- 15 minutes to Asheville
- 10 minutes to the Asheville Regional Airport
- Easy access to Interstate 26, U.S. 25 and U.S. 64
- Proximity to area cultural sites and outdoor venues including the Biltmore Estate, Flat Rock Theater, DuPont State Forest, Pisgah National Forest and the Blue Ridge Parkway
Price | Inactive listing
Contact | For similar properties on the market, contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah