Style on the River
21-Acre Farm on the North Pacolet River in Tryon NC
Discover this stylish 2007 log home with total privacy, riverfront ambiance, pasture for your horses and FETA trails access. The handsome log home with stone accents features a private hilltop setting above the Pacolet River. Enjoy open floor plan, stone fireplace, oak floors, granite countertops, stainless appliances, private study, high vaulted ceilings, tiled baths, master on main, covered porch, open deck with private views. This recreational paradise with frontage on both sides of the river offers easy input for kayaks and fishing from your own property. The property is ideal for year round living, a private horse farm, or a waterfront vacation getaway.
The Residence |
The handsome residence offers the perfect setting for a private, carefree lifestyle. Perched on a knoll at the high point of the property, the home features a log exterior, beautiful stonework, open floor plan and one level living plus a lower level with its own parking and garage which can be finished out to provide totally separate living quarters for teens, in-laws or guests. This comfortable and well-appointed home offers attractive, easy, and livable space.
The Entrance |
The approach to the house is a private lane that leads to the home’s hilltop setting. Arriving at the residence, you’ll admire the distinguished covered entrance which showcases the home’s stonework and unique roofline. Shade trees and easy care landscaping surround the entry.
The Foyer |
The welcoming foyer offers a lovely front door with glass side panel, lovely chandelier and oak floors. The open floor plan and soaring ceilings are evident as you enter the home.
Great Room |
This magnificent great room features a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace with gas logs, high ceilings, oak floors, and plenty of light. Sliding glass doors open to the covered back porch and the back deck.
The attractive kitchen boasts granite countertops and a handy center island with breakfast counter. The stainless appliance package includes Whirlpool double ovens, microwave, cooktop and side by side refrigerator. Notice the designer lighting and spacious walk-in pantry.
Open to the great room and kitchen, the dining area provides a convenient spot for family meals and entertainment.
Located at the far end of the home, this handsome room featuring log walls, walk-in closet and large double windows with wood blinds, offers the ideal space for a den, home office, personal library or third bedroom.
Master Bedroom |
Located on the main level with its own private wing, the spacious master suite features vaulted ceilings and a huge walk-in closet with oval window overlooking the grounds. Glass doors open out to the deck and hot tub. From here, you’ll have totally private views into the woodlands.
Master Bath |
The ensuite master bath features granite countertops, tile floors, his and her Kohler sinks, separate commode room, and a lovely tiled walk-in shower. The jetted spa tub under the windows provides a luxurious venue for relaxation.
Guest Bedroom |
This sunny guest room features large double windows overlooking the front of the house and a large walk-in closet.
Guest Bath |
This full guest bath boasts tile floors, designer vanity with undermount sink, shower/tub combo and a linen closet.
Lower Level |
Downstairs, the walk-out basement level offers the same floor plan as the main level. This level provides separate entry, a separate garage, and is ready to be finished out. With a finished lower level, the home could be ideal for a multi-generational family or a getaway featuring complete guest quarters with separate entry and parking.
Porch & Deck |
At the back, the residence boasts a handsome covered porch with vaulted pine ceiling and attractive wood railings. This outdoor venue leads to the open back deck with hot tub, a great spot for entertaining, outdoor grilling or peaceful relaxation where you and your guests can enjoy total privacy and shady woodland views.
Storage Shed |
This cute storage shed, located at the edge of the woods, is just a few steps from the house. It provides an ideal spot to store yard tools and equipment.
Equestrian Amenities |
For equestrians, this delightful farm includes a board-fenced pasture with run-in shed, established grass, gentle terrain and a lovely stream flowing through the pasture. There’s plenty of space to build your barn. From this property, horsemen can access FETA (Foothills Equestrian Trails Association) with its miles of private riding trails. Located in the heart of Carolina horse country with nearby equestrian neighbors, this property offers easy proximity to a full range of equestrian venues and services including FENCE (Foothills Equestrian Nature Center), the Green Creek Equestrian Park, Harmon Field, tack shops, feed stores, farriers and state-of-the-art veterinary hospital.
The Grounds |
This 21-acre farm offers a gentle landscape with open pastures and wooded terrain. The home features easy-care landscaping plus winter views of the river and distant mountains.
River Frontage |
Enjoy an outdoorsman’s dream. With frontage on both sides of the North Pacolet river, the farm provides a riverside paradise with easy input for kayaks and fishing from your own property. Level land with a shady canopy of trees offers a sweet spot for family picnics or a private river park where the river is gentle enough for wading, tubing, skipping stones across the water or a cool summer splash.
The Location |
Enjoy proximity to shopping, dining, I-26 and equestrian venues. This lovely farm is only 2 miles from downtown Tryon, 3 miles from Columbus and I-26, and 6 miles from the charming town of Landrum, SC. Hendersonville is 20 miles away while the eclectic city of Asheville is 40 miles away. Three airports are within driving distance: Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP), and the Douglas International Airport (CLT) in Charlotte, NC.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2007
- 3 bedrooms; 2 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 2500 square feet of living space
- Log home with stone accents
- Post and beam construction
- Architectural shingle roof
- Heat pump
- Gravel drive
- Full unfinished walk-out basement with separate entry
- 2 garages, one on each level
- Distinguished covered entrance
- Open floor plan
- One-level living with space below for expansion
- Tongue and groove cathedral ceilings
- Oak floors
- Great room with handsome stack stone fireplace
- Kitchen with high-end Whirlpool appliances, oak cabinets and granite countertops
- Spacious master with French Doors to back deck
- Master bath with Jacuzzi tub, granite countertops, Kohler fixtures, tiled floors, tiled shower
- Lovely room with log walls which could be used as den, private office or third bedroom
- Covered back porch and open deck with private views
- Fenced pasture and paddocks with run-in shed, established grass and gentle terrain
- Access to the FETA equestrian trail system
- Plenty of level space for a barn or run-in sheds
- Proximity to numerous equestrian venues and services in the Tryon area, including tack shops, feed stores, state-of-the-art equine veterinary hospital,
- Proximity to local equestrian centers including Harmon Field, Green Creek Equestrian Park and FENCE
The River Frontage
- 21.28 acres
- Level to rolling acreage
- Separate storage shed
- Park-like setting
- Easy care landscaping surrounding the home
- Winter views of mountains and river
- Frontage on both sides of the North Pacolet River
- Ideal for fishing from your own property
- Kayak input locations from your own property
- Easy input for tubing
- Level, shady land provides the site for a private river park or family picnic venue
- 2 miles to downtown Tryon
- 3 miles to I-26
- 3 miles to Columbus NC
- 6 miles to Landrum SC
- 16 miles to Lake Lure NC
- 20 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 29 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 39 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 40 miles to Asheville NC
- 80 miles to the Douglas International Airport (CLT) in Charlotte, NC
Price | No longer on the market
Contact | For details, please contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah at
Cell Phone: 828.712.2232