Classic Lake Cottage & Boathouse
Lake Summit, North Carolina
Romantic, picturesque and totally private, this delightful retreat is a classic renovated lake cottage with breathtaking mountain and lake views. Poised high on a very secluded mountainside location, the cottage offers mature landscaping and spectacular lake vistas all year round. Enjoy waterfront living from the companion boathouse, complete with two boat slips and expansive party deck designed for entertaining.
The Residence |
This charming cottage has been updated with a newer kitchen, enlarged living area, and lovely deck. With 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, the home features an open floor plan that includes a rock fireplace, open living room/dining area with vaulted ceiling, and private master suite. There’s plenty of parking plus a lovely entry porch, deck, and beautiful landscaping, all overlooking Lake Summit. The home, originally built in 1954 and remodeled in 1999, is the perfect family lake house.
Living & Dining |
Open and welcoming, the heart of the cottage is a breath of fresh air. This spacious area features an open floor plan with the kitchen, living room, dining room, hearth room, and study/card room. The ceiling and walls are pine and the floors are oak. The wood burning rock fireplace is on the back wall and windows line the view side of the room. From every vantage point, you’ll have sumptuous lake views.
This updated kitchen has everything you need for easy lake living: Jenn-Air gas range, dishwasher, refrigerator, pantry and breakfast bar. Notice the oak floors and recessed lighting. Whether you’re cooking up a chef’s delight or putting away the dishes, you’ll be entranced by unsurpassed postcard scenes of Lake Summit.
The master suite has a private bath with separate vanity area and walk-in cedar lined closet. On the main floor, you’ll find a second bedroom and full bath with an extra room, currently used as a bunk room, and the laundry closet. The lower level features a third bedroom and bath and storage area.
Decks & Views |
Adjoining the living room and study and just out the sliding door, the deck will surely be one of your favorite spots to sit among the trees and take in this stunning long range view of the lake. Low maintenance grounds with rock walls surround the house. There is plenty of parking for guest and a nice winding gravel driveway leads into property.
This newer boathouse is designed for lakefront fun! The low maintenance vinyl siding allows you more time for relaxation on the water. The huge covered party deck with stove, refrigerator and bar area can accommodate all the company you can invite in for lakefront entertaining. Down below are two large boat slips, changing room and nice swim area. A bold creek runs just off to the side.
Lake Summit |
Spanning 300 acres with around 10 miles of shoreline, Lake Summit is a very special place. There are just over 250 cottages with boathouses around the lake; most used as summer getaways. Duke Power generates power from their hydroelectric plant at the eastern end of the lake. On the western end of the lake and along the headwaters of the Green River, Camp Greystone for girls, Camp Green Cove for girls and Camp Mondamin for boys have a long history as great summer camps. The Green River is the main tributary for the lake, and with just one look into the water, you will know why it is called the "Green" River. Residents enjoy power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming, pontoon cruises and just sitting on the porch taking in the view.
The Location |
Lake Summit has long been one of the most desired locations in the mountains. Just 10 minutes from Saluda and 14 minutes to Hendersonville, Lake Summit is centrally located between Greenville, Spartanburg, and Asheville; each just about 35 minutes away. The Asheville airport is an easy 20-minute drive. The Charlotte airport is a 90-minute drive.
Summary of Features
- 3 bedrooms; 3 baths
- Built in 1954 and remodeled in 1999
- Approximately 1790 square feet of living space
- Nearly 1600 square feet on the main floor and over 200 square feet on the lower level
- New roof in 2009
- Cottage is sited on the lot to take advantage of stunning long range mountain and lake views
- Private setting with great low maintenance yard
- Large parking area
- Gas HVAC system
- Great deck with pristine views of Lake Summit
- Open floor plan perfect for entertaining
- Vaulted ceilings
- Beautiful oak floors and pine ceilings
- Living areas take full advantage of the lake view
- Wood burning rock fireplace
- Updated kitchen with Jenn-Air gas range
- Master suite on main
- Guest room and full bath on main
- Third bedroom and bath on lower level
- Boathouse is only 10 years old
- 2 boat slips
- Attractive landscaping
- Approximately .87 acres
- Private setting overlooking the lake
- Beautiful low maintenance landscaping with rock walls
- 300-acre lake with 10 miles of shoreline
- Pristine mountain lake where properties have been passed down in the family for generations
- Allows power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming and pontoon cruising
- Proximity to several summer camps including Camps Mondamin, Green Cove and Greystone
- Proximity to the arts, including Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site and the Flat Rock Theater
- Proximity to shopping and dining in Saluda and Hendersonville
- Easy access via U.S. 25 from Greenville SC or Hendersonville and Asheville NC
- Located in Tuxedo, NC
- 6 miles to I-26
- 6 miles to Flat Rock, NC
- 10 miles to Saluda, NC
- 10 miles to Hendersonville, NC
- 20 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Asheville, NC
- 30 miles to Greenville, SC
- 34 miles to Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
MLS # | North Carolina Mountains MLS 489679
Price | Reduced from $1,550,000 to $1,399,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Jim Kirkpatrick
or call Jim at
Cell Phone: 828.674.5733