17-Acre Country Farmstead with Private Lake
Merging nostalgia and authenticity with new construction, Crescent Pond is a classic 17-acre farmstead with 1.5-acre private lake. Featured in Good Housekeeping magazine’s Your Good House and Greenville’s G Magazine, the meticulously designed 2004 residence boasts a standing seam metal roof, reclaimed wood floors carefully salvaged from 1800s farmhouses, tongue and groove detailing, wainscoting, antique beams, period lighting and historic appointments throughout. The gourmet kitchen offers a pressed tin ceiling, soapstone farm sink and antique country store center island. The property includes a carriage house, charming cabin, turn-of-the-century smokehouse and lush gardens. Enjoy proximity to Hendersonville NC, Greenville SC and Furman University.
The Residence |
Built in 2004, this one-of-a-kind residence features three levels of gracious living space with exquisite vintage character. The exterior boasts a standing seam metal roof, easy care Hardieboard siding with shingle highlights and working shutters. The home includes zoned heating with two Heil heat pumps, poured foundation and approximately 3,021 square feet of pristine living space.
The Foyer |
The welcoming foyer leads into a wide and airy hallway with antique doors at both the front and rear of the home. The handsome stairway was reclaimed from a local historic farmhouse. The antique lighting includes one fixture reclaimed from an historic church and, at the top of the stairs, a ship’s lantern. The convenient half bath, accessed from the hallway, boasts reclaimed wood walls, Toto toilet and period sink.
Living Room |
Bright and spacious, the living room features double glass doors to both the front porch and back porch, a wood burning fireplace with antique mantel and brick hearth, period ceiling fan, recessed lighting and random width board walls. Tall sunny windows draw light into the room throughout the day.
Unique in all regards, this magnificent kitchen offers historic charm and contemporary convenience for the gourmet chef. At the heart of the kitchen is the antique grocery store counter which serves as a center island and breakfast bar. The lighting above is a sewing light reclaimed from Chicago salvage while the stunning pressed tin ceiling was derived from an historic Charleston building. Notice the soapstone countertops, shaker style custom cabinets, farmhouse sink, copper faucets and heart pine floors. The appliance package includes KitchenAid dishwasher drawers and Dacor 6-burner gas cook top plus Frigidaire wall oven and microwave. Large windows on two sides of the room create a sunny space.
The alluring corner pantry with its antique screen door provides a wealth of storage space with floor-to-ceiling built-in shelving plus heart pine countertop, unique pendant lighting and bright window.
The side entry to the kitchen also leads to the laundry room. Notice the antique brick floor, reclaimed woods walls, and beautiful sliding barn door which leads into the laundry room. The laundry includes washer and dryer hook-ups, with salvaged factory lighting, built-in cabinets, a retro linoleum tile floor and two sunny windows. A clever laundry chute from the master bedroom above allows easy transport of clothes to the laundry room.
Enjoy family meals in this warm and welcoming space. The room includes reclaimed wood floors and walls, a decorative fireplace, and attractive chandelier. The handy butler’s pantry which separates the kitchen from the dining room includes floor-to-ceiling built-in cabinets. With expansive windows on two sides, this room offers private views into the woods and down towards the lake.
Master Bedroom |
Discover this peaceful master suite with spacious bedroom, magnificent bath, huge walk-in closet, custom cedar-lined closet and drawers plus a decorative fireplace. Large windows capture both the morning and evening sun. Notice the reclaimed wood floors, handsome wainscoting, and beamed ceilings with recessed lighting.
Master Bath |
The distinctive master bath features His and Hers bowl sinks, wall-mounted Rohl faucets, soapstone countertops, handcrafted mirrors, and 1930’s refurbished cabinets. The delightful shower is hand crafted from a sheep feeder. Notice the black and white motif with hexagon tile plus recessed lighting and refinished antique ceramic soaking tub.
Guest Bedroom |
This sunny bedroom on the upper level features wainscoting, a large walk-in closet with window, decorative fireplace and views down towards the lake. The ensuite bath boasts a 6-foot spa tub with jets, hand held shower, Toto toilet, Kohler sink and hexagon tile floors.
Lower Level |
The lower level with open space, closet, built-in shelving and tiled bath is an ideal guest or teen bedroom. The mechanical room is also on this level. Enjoy walk-out access to a covered ground level porch and private views towards the lake.
Porches & Views |
Enjoy spending time in these inviting outdoor spaces. The covered rocking chair front porch offers a respite overlooking the gardens. At the back of the house, the long covered back porch with Trex decking extends the entire length of the house and offers views towards the lake and the “summer house.” Notice the ceiling fans and period lighting on both venues.
Carriage House |
Located adjacent to the main residence, this delightful carriage house features parking and a woodworking shop on the lower level plus an upper level workshop and storage area. The stylish cupola, bright red wood exterior and standing seam metal roof make this structure a visual delight. Located to the right of the carriage house, the historic turn-of-the-century smokehouse is an authentic structure moved to the site by the current owner. It is currently used for equipment and tool storage.
1800s Cabin |
Enjoy the magic of this camping cabin located near the water’s edge. The1800s cabin has a wood floor and wood siding, brick fireplace, loft, back porch overlooking the creek and a standing seam metal roof. Rustic and charming, this cabin is perfect for a playhouse, a teen clubhouse or man cave getaway.
Farmstead Buildings |
Crescent Pond include several delightful outbuildings. The rustic chicken coop features an enclosed chicken house and protective pen. The wishing well houses a 260-foot deep well with 15 GPM. The clever gatehouse, currently used for receiving packages and trash pick-up, greets guests at the head of the driveway.
The property features lush gardens and extensive rock work. Reminiscent of a traditional kitchen garden, the gardens at the front of the house feature herbs, flowers and space for vegetables. The orchard includes berries, apple trees, peach trees and kiwi. Notice the huge stone boulders used for hand crafted steps, rock walls and decorative accents. The massive stone step to the front porch is a reclaimed fireplace hearthstone.
The Property |
The privacy and elegance of this 17-acre estate property is unsurpassed. A winding gravel drive leads up to the house. Two streams run through the property. Poised just below the main residence, the stunning 1.5-acre crescent-shaped pond is fully stocked with wide mouth bass, crappie, and brim. The beautiful custom-designed “summer house” provides a covered lakeside getaway. Enjoy walks around the lake along the old logging road. Crescent Pond offers an unsurpassed setting with mountain views and seclusion amid idyllic natural surroundings. The property is not zoned.
The Location |
Located along a winding country lane just off scenic Highway 11 in Landrum, South Carolina, Crescent Pond offers easy access to shopping, dining and cultural amenities. Nearby Highway 25 provides a direct 4-lane route to both Greenville, SC and Hendersonville NC. Enjoy shopping, dining and a ride on the popular Swamp Rabbit Trail in the nearby upstate town of Traveler’s Rest. The charming foothills towns of Landrum SC and Tryon NC minutes away via Highway 11. Enjoy proximity to Furman University and all the cultural amenities of downtown Greenville. The Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) is only 20 miles away.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2004
- 3 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 3,021 square feet of living space
- Additional room could be created from the unfinished space on the lower level
- Metal standing seam roof
- Easy care James Hardie siding with shingle highlights
- 2 heat pumps
- Poured concrete foundation
- Wired for ADT security system
- Wired for portable generator
- Working shutters
- 2 covered porches with ceiling fans and period lighting
- Porch step is a hearthstone from historic farmhouse in the region
- Featured in the November 2009 issue of Good Housekeeping magazine’s Your Good House
- Featured in the May-June 2009 issue of G-Magazine
- Interiors of historic and recycled wood from local area farmhouses
- Reclaimed heart pine random width flooring
- Hexagon tile in bathrooms
- Ceilings of wood plus 1800s pressed tin ceiling in kitchen
- Entry with wide hallway, half bath and closet
- Kitchen with shaker style cabinets; farm sink and soapstone counters; copper faucets; antique country store counter for kitchen island; Dacor 6-burner gas range; KitchenAid dishwasher drawers; Frigidaire wall oven and microwave; period lighting
- Bright laundry room with salvaged factory lighting, built-in cabinets; retro linoleum flooring; washer and dryer hook-ups; 2 large windows
- Dining room with fireplace; double doors to back porch; wood walls; stylish chandelier; private views into the woods
- Spacious living room featuring wood-burning fireplace with brick hearth and antique mantel; two sets of double doors; random width wood walls; heart pine floors; large windows; recessed lighting
- Staircase with historic farmhouse railings and authenic ship’s lantern hanging above the stairs
- Master bedroom with exposed beams; his and hers cedar lined closets and drawers; built-in laundry shute to the main level laundry room; recessed lighting; faux fireplace with antique brick and stucco surround
- Master bath with His and Hers bowl sinks; soapstone countertops; wall-mounted Rohl faucets; shower crafted from a sheep feeder; hexagon tile; refinished antique ceramic soaking tub; recessed lighting; handcrafted mirrors; 1930’s refurbished cabinets
- Guest bedroom with decorative fireplace mantel; recessed lighting; huge closet with large window; views to the lake
- Guest bath with 6-foot spa tub with jets, hexagon tile, Toto toilet, Kohler fixtures, large and sunny window
- Office with views to the lake could be revised for an additional bedroom
- Lower level with game room, mechanical room, wine bar, tiled bath, large closet space, rustic designer lighting, built-in shelving, 8-foot double doors, and clever wine cellar with cedar shakes
- Reconstructed 1800s cabin used as a camp cottage
- Carriage house with main level parking plus workshop, loft and cupola, constructed in 2010
- Turn-of-the-century smokehouse used for storage
- Wishing well which houses a 260-foot deep well with 15 GPM
- Gate house
- Chicken coop
- “Summer house” on the lake
- Private 1.5-acre lake, stocked
- Winding gravel drive
- Immaculate privacy
- Mountain views
- Two streams running through the property
- Rock formations
- Old logging road provides access to the acreage
- Extensive rock work around the home
- Fenced kitchen garden
- Gardens with apple trees, pear trees, peach trees, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and kiwi
- No zoning
- Located just off the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Parkway
- Located near the Cliffs at Glassy Mountain
- 11 miles to downtown Landrum SC
- 14 miles to Tryon NC
- 15 miles to Travelers Rest SC
- 20 miles to Greenville SC
- 20 miles to the Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 30 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 40 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 50 miles to Asheville NC
- Easy proximity to Furman University
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 558945
Price | Reduced from $1,200,000 to $975,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.