White Pine Estate
41-Acre Private Estate in Asheville NC
White Pine Estate is a magnificent 41-acre wonderland poised along the banks of Merrill’s Cove Creek. Featuring desirable seclusion, tranquility and a magnificent park-like landscape, the estate is ideal for a family compound, private estate or horse-friendly property close to Asheville. The 1993 five-bedroom home offers plenty of room for family and guests. Enjoy amenities ranging from central vac and security system to generator and oak floors. Ideal for a family compound, the property offers additional hillside homesites and could be divided. There are no deed restrictions on the land. This impressive estate is located in a countryside setting in the idyllic Cane Creek Valley, only 9 miles from downtown Asheville.
The Entrance |
Wind down a country lane and turn into your private estate drive. The entrance provides a magnificent countryside setting with a bridge crossing the bold Merrill’s Cove Creek. This masterfully-constructed bridge is wide and sturdy enough to hold large utility vehicles. This charming estate approach follows a tree-lined circular drive and leads directly to the main residence and a triple garage parking court.
The Property |
White Pine Estate boasts 41 acres of gently rolling terrain amid exquisite seclusion. Here, you’ll enjoy completely private views with no other homes in sight, even in winter. Your family will delight in wonderland of fields, streams and woodlands. The diversified forest features native hardwoods, 1.5 miles of woodland trails, and a campground with fire pits ideal for campfires and family camping. For gardeners, the estate offers numerous lush gardens including a small grape vineyard, strawberry patch, 16 varieties of blueberries, arctic kiwi patch, vegetable garden and herb garden. Enjoy a host of wildlife ranging from deer and wild turkey to raccoons and many species of birds. As you wander the grounds, you might discover clues to the historical significance of this land, including remnants of the Old Wagon Road and arrowheads from the Woodland Period.
The property boasts meticulous professional landscaping. The current owner has planted more than 300 trees and flowering shrubs throughout the acres of magnificent grounds. Enjoy a rich variety of trees including dawn redwood, cypress, willow, cherry, peach, ginkgo, pawpaw, oak, poplar, sourwood, and maple. Stone paths and woodland trails provide a network of walkways through the estate grounds. Charming outbuildings include a chicken coop, dog run, tractor shed, tool shed and full auto temperature programmed green house.
Live Water |
White Pine Estate provides a wonderland of natural water. The large stream-fed pond is stocked with brim and wide mouth bass. Hydraulics control the level of the pond. Enjoy fishing from the dock, wading in the shallow end or swimming in the deep end. The stunning Merrill’s Cove Creek runs through the property along the southern edge. This creek is an ecological marvel with a pristine and protected eco-system. On a soft summer’s day, enjoy tossing stones into the creek or fishing from your private bridge. The estate also includes several additional smaller spring-fed streams running through the property.
The Home |
Come home to delicious privacy. This 1993 Country Victorian residence offers plenty of room for family and guests with five bedrooms, three full baths and one half bath. Enjoy the convenience of a central vac, security system, two high efficiency heat pumps, two water heaters, generator and three huge attics for extra storage. The oversized three-bay garage provides plenty of space for parking plus a handy workshop area.
The Interiors |
Inside, the home features a living room with handsome brick fireplace which burns both gas and wood. A wall of high-efficiency windows offer views of the grounds and pond. Light and airy, the kitchen is open to the living room and breakfast nook. The appliance package includes Dacor, GE and KitchenAid appliances. The formal dining room, located just off the foyer, includes four large windows with private views. Nearby, the handsome library features oak floors, a wall of built-in shelving, and sunny three-bay double-glazed windows overlooking the estate grounds. The spacious master on main floor features large windows and a walk-out flagstone patio overlooking the pond. The master bath includes two showers, his and hers sinks, Jacuzzi tub in a three-bay window with tranquil views across the estate grounds. On the second floor, you’ll find a spacious landing plus four large bedrooms with Jack and Jill baths and two additional rooms ideal for a home office, play room or craft space.
Porches & Decks |
The residence provides plenty of space for outdoor entertaining. The rocking chair wrap-around covered porch extends across the front of the home, perfect for relaxing. At the back and side, a wrap-around deck overlooks private estate views and the pond.
The Possibilities |
With its 41 acres of desirable seclusion, White Pine Estate is ideal for a private estate, family compound, family vacation retreat, or horse-friendly setting close to Asheville. There are additional homesites on the property. The land could be divided and has no deed restrictions.
The Community |
Cane Creek Valley is a wide mountain valley located southeast of Asheville, North Carolina. It extends from Fairview on the east to Fletcher on the southeastern end. Once a thriving agricultural region, this historic valley is now home to upscale country estates, family farms, private communities, horse farms and the Cane Creek Valley Equestrian Center.
The Location |
White Pine Estate is located in the idyllic Cane Creek Valley just south of Asheville. From this estate, it’s less than 4 miles to shopping and dining in South Asheville, 15 minutes to the Asheville Regional Airport and 9 miles to downtown Asheville and Hendersonville. The estate offers easy proximity to schools and hospitals as well as arts and outdoor venues including the Blue Ridge Parkway, Pisgah national Forest, the North Carolina Arboretum and the Biltmore Estate.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1993
- 5 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 2,942 square feet of living space
- 3-bay garage with workbench
- 3 huge attics for extra storage space
- Central vac
- Security system with cameras an sensors
- 2 high efficiency heat pumps
- 2 water heaters
- Emergency generator
- All internal walls have sound proofing
- Wrap around back deck with private views
- Wide wrap around rocking chair front porch
- Foyer with oak floors
- Great room, kitchen and breakfast nook designed with an open floor plan
- Great room features brick fireplace that is both gas-burning and wood-burning plus a wall of windows overlooking private views of the grounds and pond
- Kitchen includes Dacor, GE and KitchenAid appliances plus nearby laundry room and pantry
- Formal dining room with 4 large windows and easy access to kitchen and foyer
- Private library with double glazed 3-bay windows, oak floors and built in shelving
- Main level master suite with glass doors to patio and view of pond
- Master bath with 2 showers, his and hers sinks, Jacuzzi tub in a 3-bay window with private views
- Upper level features 4 bedrooms with Jack and Jill baths plus two rooms ideal for home office or craft space
- 41 level to rolling acres
- Exquisite seclusion in a quiet setting
- Totally private views with no other homes in sight
- Acres of fields, forests and streams
- Masterfully-constructed bridge crossing Merrill’s Cove Creek wide and sturdy enough for large utility vehicles
- Diversified forest with native hardwoods and pines
- Lush gardens include small vineyard, strawberry patch, 16 varieties of blueberries, arctic kiwi patch, vegetable garden and herb garden
- 1.5 miles of woodland trails
- Sites with fire pits ideal for campfires and family camping
- Variety of wildlife including deer, wild turkey and birds
- Meticulous professional landscaping
- Rich variety of trees including dawn cypress redwood, willow, cherry, peach, ginkgo, pawpaw, poplar, oak, sourwood, and maple
- Charming outbuildings including chicken coop, dog run and green house
- Historical significance with remnants of the Old Wagon Road and arrowheads from the Woodland Period found on the property
- Merrill’s Cove Creek runs through the property with its protected eco-system
- Spring-fed stocked pond with dock is ideal for fishing, wading and swimming
- Hydraulics control the level of the pond
- 5 streams run through the property
- Ideal for a private estate, family compound or recreational getaway in the mountains
- Additional homesites
- Could be divided
- No deed restrictions
- Cane Creek Valley is a magnificent mountain valley southeast of Asheville
- This area offers proximity to schools, shopping and dining as well as the Asheville Regional Airport
- Cane Creek Valley is home to upscale residences, several private communities and the Cane Creek Equestrian Center.
- Poised in the idyllic Cane Creek Valley south of Asheville
- 4 miles to shopping and dining in South Asheville
- 5 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway
- 6 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport
- 6.5 miles to I-26
- 9 miles to downtown Asheville
- 10 miles to the North Carolina Arboretum
- 15 miles to Pisgah National Forest
Price | Offered at $1,950,000
Contact | For details, please contact Bill May or Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Bill
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.