Mountain Lodge on 6 Acres near Lake Lure NC
Set amid total privacy on 6 acres, Bear Lodge is a sophisticated custom log home featuring rustic elegance with upscale amenities and 4 master suites. Discover massive stone fireplaces, zoned heating, granite countertops, and gourmet kitchen. Outside, enjoy a beautiful waterfall, 3-bay garage with guest quarters plus hot tub and stunning outdoor kitchen. This property is ideal for family retreats or a mountain getaway. Bear Lodge is located in Three Creeks near Lake Lure and Rumbling Bald. Only 20 minutes to Black Mountain and 30 minutes to Asheville. Furnishings are negotiable. Additional 25 acres available.
The Residence |
Sheer grandeur welcomes your family and guests in the main residence at Bear Lodge. This custom log home has been constructed with no expense spared. From the massive 10” logs and delightful lodge-style lighting to the soaring ceilings and solid pine walls and floors, this home is designed for a carefree mountain lifestyle. The lodge offers master suites on all three levels. The staircase was built by local craftsmen using wood harvested off this property. With ample space, mint condition, and total privacy, Bear Lodge is ideal for large group retreats and multi-generational living.
Great Room |
In the great room, a huge expanse of windows opens out to a secluded mountain setting. From the soaring ceilings to the massive 19-ton Tennessee stack stone fireplace, this room offers an inviting and breathtaking venue. Notice the remarkable antler chandelier, exposed beams, and glass doors out to the deck.
Designed for the consummate chef, this exceptional gourmet kitchen boasts a Viking gas stove top and two electric ovens, Subzero refrigerator, commercial Dacor microwave, Miele coffee maker and double stainless sinks. Notice the custom cabinetry, handsome lighting, and pine floors with radiant heat. As you prepare those special meals, you’ll enjoy listening to the mesmerizing sound of falling water. The door from the kitchen opens directly out to the beautiful waterfall.
Family and guests will feel nourished in this magnificent open dining room. Large enough for seating 10 or more, this room offers large windows, deck access, and an attractive antler chandelier.
Master Suite |
Located on the main level, this master suite is a spacious room with direct access to the covered porch. The ensuite master bath features His and Her sinks, granite countertops, large soaking tub with granite surround, and commode room. Notice the glass door shower and handsome fixtures.
Guest Bedrooms |
All bedrooms in the home are master suites. In addition to the master on main, there are two master bedrooms on the upper level and one on the lower level, providing a total of 4 master suites in the home. All bedrooms offer beautiful pine walls, gleaming pine floors, exposed beams, ensuite baths, and bright windows with private views across the grounds.
Guest Baths |
All full baths in the home feature granite countertops, tile floors, double sinks, stylish appointments, showers, commode rooms and full tubs with granite surround. Notice the remarkable blue granite in one of the guest bathrooms.
Family Room |
Located downstairs, the enticing family room boasts a handsome Tennessee stack stone fireplace as the center point of the space. This level also features a magnificent stack stone full bar, pool table area, full bedroom, full bath and laundry room. From this level, walk out to the stunning outdoor kitchen and hot tub for an evening of fun and relaxation.
Porch and Deck |
The porch wraps around the entire lodge, offering the ideal venue for morning coffee or rocking chair evenings. Easily accessed from several rooms in the house, this outdoor venue provides expanses of both covered porch and open deck.
Outdoor Kitchen |
Stunning in all regards, this magnificent outdoor kitchen features stack stone fireplace, massive stone table and benches, grill and smoker. The area also includes a huge hot tub large enough for 6 to 8 people. In this space, you’ll enjoy idyllic outdoor privacy with top-of-the-line amenities.
The Garage |
Constructed with the same style and quality as main lodge, this oversized 3-bay garage offers plenty of space for cars downstairs plus a grand guest apartment or recreation space upstairs. The upper level includes a large room with cabinetry and wiring ready for finishing out a theater room. Featuring a wet bar, full bath, closet, pine floors and vaulted ceiling, this is an ideal spot for a guest apartment, teen getaway, family game room, theater room, or private office.
The Property |
This beautiful 6-acre estate offers total privacy amid a serene mountain ambiance. The property includes a stunning waterfall feature at the entrance to the home. Decks and porches overlook rich woodlands and mountain views. Enjoy a park-like setting with rock outcroppings, easy-care landscaping, towering native hardwoods, mountain laurel, rhododendron, flame azaleas, and a small creek running on the property. An additional 25 acres is available from the same owner.
The Community |
Three Creeks is an established 280-acre gated mountain community with extensive walking trails, swimming pond with gazebo, several bold streams, and three natural waterfalls. The upper falls boasts an amazing 140-foot drop. All 19 homesites in Three Creeks have been sold. The Property Owners Association (POA) has substantial cash surplus and no debt. The community includes a remarkable 220 acres of green space plus a charming Library Cabin overlooking the lower waterfalls in the common area. This one-of-a-kind community features tranquil low-density living in a lush, expansive setting that embodies the spirit and feel of a private park.
The Location |
Three Creeks is located north of Lake Lure, NC, only 4 miles from the Rumbling Bald Resort and 11 miles from I-40 where you can enjoy shopping and banking in the charming town of Old Fort, NC. From Three Creeks, local dining is only 4 miles away. Shopping and dining in the beautiful town of Black Mountain lie only 19 miles away while the eclectic city of Asheville is a 30-mile drive via I-40.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2001
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 5403 square feet of living space
- Custom log construction with 10” logs
- Zoned heating with 4 units
- Radiant floor heat
- 14” insulation between floors for sound control
- 20kw generator with full house capacity
- Ideal for extended family and large group retreats
- Home in mint condition, ready to move in
- The furnishings are negotiable. Please inquire.
- Magnificent floor-to-ceiling 19-ton Tennessee field stone fireplace
- Vintage heart of pine floors
- Staircase built by local craftsmen from wood harvested off this property
- Stunning great room with vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, expansive windows overlooking totally private views
- Upscale appointments with mountain lodge ambiance including large antler chandeliers
- Gourmet kitchen with custom cabinetry, Viking gas stove top and two electric ovens, Subzero refrigerator, commercial Dacor microwave, Miele coffee maker, double stainless sink
- Spacious dining room with sunny windows, antler chandelier, and direct access to porch
- Master on main offers direct access to covered porch
- All 4 bedrooms are master bedrooms with ensuite baths
- All full baths include granite countertops, tile floors, double sinks, upscale fixtures, large soaking tubs and commode rooms
- Spacious family room with Tennessee stack stone fireplace
- Lower level offers stack stone full bar, pool table area, laundry room, bedroom and full bath
- Remarkable outdoor kitchen features smoker, outdoor grill, massive stone table and benches, stack stone fireplace, huge hot tub, and private views
- 3-bay oversized garage
- Custom log construction
- Upper level finished for guest quarters or game room
- Spacious room with exposed beams
- Full bath, closet and kitchenette
- Wired with cabinetry ready for theater room
- 6 acres
- Total privacy
- Stunning waterfall feature near front entrance
- Rock outcroppings
- Extensive landscaping and stonework
- Park-like setting
- Private paved driveway
- Towering hardwoods and native trees
- Small creek on the property
- Gated entry; telephone gate controls allow remote operation from the house
- Additional 25 acres available
- Private gated community with 280 acres
- 3 magnificent natural waterfalls plus Library Cabin overlooking the lower falls
- Swimming pond, bold creeks, miles of walking trails
- Low density community feels like your own national park
- Property Owners Association (POA) active since 1995
- All 19 homesites sold
- 15 owners (some owners own multiple sites)
- POA has no debt
- POA manages the community owned property
- POA has a substantial cash surplus
- Located in the Three Creeks Community of Lake Lure, NC
- 4 miles to Rumbling Bald Golf Resort
- 4 miles to dining
- 11 miles to I-40
- 11 miles to shopping and banking in Old Fort, NC
- 13 miles to downtown Lake Lure, NC
- 19 miles to Black Mountain, NC
- 30 miles to Asheville, NC
Price | Offered at $1,500,000
Contact | To schedule a showing, please contact Elizabeth Pope or Sheelah Clarkson
or call Elizabeth
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.