The Farm at Toxaway
23-Acre Private Estate near Gorges State Park & Brevard NC
Discover a hidden paradise tucked away in the mountains. The Farm at Toxaway is a pristine 23-acre country estate offering a private setting amid rolling fields, rich woodlands and bold creeks. Poised on a knoll amid a grove of 100-year-old towering oak trees, the immaculate 2011 architect-designed home offers an open floor plan, handsome standing seam metal roof and breezy wraparound porch. The residence features sparkling cottage-style interiors with upscale amenities. Located between Lake Toxaway and Brevard near Gorges State Park and Pisgah National Forest, the farm is ideal for an outdoorsman’s retreat, private estate, or family compound. For equestrians, the property also offers great horse farm potential and nearby trails.
The Residence |
Experience this charming architect-designed 4-bedroom cottage with a wealth of distinguished appointments. Built in 2011, the residence offers master on main, delightful sunroom, wraparound covered porch, white oak floors, bead board ceilings, wainscoting and gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, custom cabinetry and JennAir appliance package. Discerning buyers will also appreciate the central vac, custom exterior doors and cedar siding. Tucked amid huge oak trees, this charming home offers both desirable privacy and commanding views of the farm.
Living Room |
This delightful living area boasts a bright space with wainscoting, designer lighting and gleaming white oak floors. The centerpiece of the room is a handsome JØTEL wood burning stove and custom fireplace.
Designed with the chef in mind, the sunny gourmet kitchen offers JennAir appliances, custom cabinetry and granite countertops. Notice the distinguished designer lighting and spacious center island. The kitchen offers direct access to the porch, dining area and living room.
Here’s a great spot for family gatherings. This handy dining area features wainscoting, attractive chandelier, and easy access to the kitchen.
Master Suite |
Airy and bright, the master suite features oak floors, bead board ceiling, spacious walk-in closet and large windows overlooking private views of the grounds. Step into the distinguished ensuite master bath to discover his and her Mirabelle sinks, custom mirrors, granite countertops, tile floor, subway tile in the shower and wainscoting.
Upper Level |
The upper level of the home features a clever landing with dormer nook, ideal for a library area or home office. This level also includes two guest rooms and a full bath.
Guest Rooms |
The home includes three guest rooms, two on the upper level and one on the main level. These rooms feature large sunny windows, white oak floors, bead board ceilings, handy closets and ceiling fans. From every bedroom, you’ll enjoy private views across the farm. Guest baths include granite countertops and tile floors.
Savor the farm’s magnificent outdoor ambiance from a luxurious indoor setting. This delightful sunroom provides the ideal spot for guest entertainment, family gatherings or a quiet afternoon with a good book. Notice the walls of windows, vaulted ceiling, oak floors and custom lighting.
Porches & Views |
Enjoy a variety of outdoor venues at this adorable country home. Both the front and back porches are covered and provide railings, lighting, and magnificent private views of the farm. The breezy wraparound porch offers a rocking chair view of the farm with plenty of space for outdoor dining.
The Property |
This countryside estate features 23+ acres with rolling fields, rich forested areas of mature hardwoods, rushing creeks, and huge boulders. Walking trails wind through the property offering tranquility amid natural surroundings. Enjoy a park-like setting with towering native trees, rhododendron and quiet moss-covered hideaways. The acreage rises from the meadows to a ridge featuring views of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The Farm at Toxaway is ideal for year round living, a seasonal mountain retreat, private estate or family compound. An outdoorsman’s paradise, the farm offers proximity to public lands with opportunities for hiking, camping, fly fishing, kayaking, mountain biking, camping, rock climbing and backpacking. Nearby Lake Glenville
, the highest lake east of the Mississippi, has public access for boating enthusiasts. With the addition of a barn and fencing, this 23-acre property is the perfect venue for a horse farm. Miles of public horse trails are located in nearby Gorges State Park
, Panthertown Valley
, DuPont State Forest
and Pisgah National Forest
. Local area equestrian groups include Pisgah Trailblazers
and the Back Country Horsemen of North Carolina
The Location |
The Farm at Toxaway is located in a pristine countryside area of Transylvania County near Gorges State Park, only 4 miles from Lake Toxaway, 12 miles from shopping and dining in downtown Brevard NC, and 16 miles from the eclectic mountain resort village of Cashiers NC. The larger town of Hendersonville is 30 miles away and the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) is a 32-mile drive from the farm. Local area colleges include Brevard College, only 12 miles away and Western Carolina University, approximately 35 miles from the farm. A variety of local arts and outdoor venues are located nearby, including Pisgah National Forest, Gorges State Park, DuPont State Forest, the Brevard Music Center and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Nearby Amenities |
The Farm at Toxaway offers proximity to a full range of local area amenities. Learn more about:
Summary of Features
- Built in 2011
- 4 bedrooms; 2 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 2334 square feet of living space
- Central vac
- Heat pump with gas propane furnace back-up
- Standing seam metal roof
- Cedar siding exterior
- Private well
- Custom exterior doors
- Home is poised on a knoll amid a grove of huge 100-year-old oak trees
- Bright and sunny open floor plan
- Charming cottage-style interiors with upscale appointments
- 9-foot ceilings , bead board ceilings, vaulted ceilings
- White oak and tile flooring
- Designer lighting
- Living room with JØTEL wood burning stove and custom fireplace
- Gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, JennAir appliances, center island and custom cabinetry
- Master suite on main level
- Master bath with Mirabelle sinks, custom mirrors, granite countertops, tile and wainscoting
- Guest rooms with oak floors and private views
- Delightful sunroom with oak floors and vaulted ceiling
- Covered wraparound porch and covered front porch
- 23+ acres of pristine rolling mountain land
- Pastoral setting with desirable privacy
- Long range mountain views
- Open meadows with partial fencing
- Rich woodlands with mature hardwood forest
- Bold mountain creeks
- Huge boulders
- Walking trails on the property to the ridge
- Winding gravel driveway flanked by trees and fields
- Plenty of room for a barn and horses
- Additional homesites on the property
- Ideal for a family compound
- Perfect for year-round mountain lifestyle living
- Ideal for seasonal or weekend mountain getaway
- Outdoorsman’s dream with easy access to venues for kayaking, mountain biking, boating, hiking and camping
- Potential for horse farm with public riding trails in nearby Pisgah National Forest, Gorges State Park, Panthertown Valley trail system, and DuPont State Forest
- Located in Lake Toxaway NC near Gorges State Park and Pisgah National Forest
- 4 miles to Lake Toxaway NC
- 12 miles to Brevard NC
- 12 miles to Brevard College
- 13 miles to the Brevard Music Center
- 16 miles to Cashiers NC
- 25 miles to Highlands NC
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 32 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 35 miles to Western Carolina University in Cullowhee NC
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 549171
Price | Offered at $1,175,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah