Hidden Jewel on 34 Acres near Asheville, North Carolina
Found: Hidden jewel in Fairview. Tucked away in beautiful Brush Creek Cove, this 34-acre farm estate is located in the country just 20 minutes south east of Asheville. Private and peaceful, the land rises from rolling, pastoral, meadows bordering Brush Creek up through wooded trails on the mountainside. Situated to take in the views is a three-bedroom main residence, guest house, barn workshop, and the original old log storage shed from days past.
Main Residence |
Light and airy, the unique butterfly roof design of this home captures both the enchanting views of the wildlife garden and mountainside behind the home along with the distant mountain views and rolling meadows below.
The Interiors |
With its open floor plan designed to bring in the sun and sweeping views, this residence sparkles with light. Originally built in 1971, the home has been lovingly renovated with new oak flooring to match the original hardwood floors, along with new windows and an updated kitchen. The living room is open to the family room and dining area, all with beautiful views. A screened porch adjoining the living room overlooks the farm and the mountains beyond. The fireplace adds a warm touch to the family room and dining area.
Master Bedroom |
Enjoy the morning sun and awaken to beautiful mountain views from the master bedroom which opens to a balcony porch.
Guest Bedrooms |
There are three bedrooms, including the master bedroom, and two full baths on the main level. An extra bonus room and full bathroom are located on the lower level. Also on the lower level is a two-bay garage with lots of storage space.
Guest Cottage |
The charming one-bedroom guest cottage, formerly the original farmhouse, overlooks the meadows and pond. The tongue and groove pine board walls add to the character of this little cottage along with the cozy fireplace and country kitchen.
The Grounds |
This farm has it all. Rolling meadows, garden space, walking trails through the woods, abundant wildlife and beautiful views. There’s also room to build another home or guest house, if desired. As you enter through the privacy gate and wind your way up the drive, the old, original log storage barn reminds us of days gone by. Another workshop barn is located nearer to the main residence.
Pond & Creeks |
Enjoy the tranquility of water. A natural centerpiece of this estate is the beautiful pond, fully stocked and ready for an afternoon of fishing. The property also includes three pristine creeks, a fresh water spring which originates on the property and frontage on Brush Creek.
The Location |
Located in the quiet countryside of the Fairview community, this property is about 20 minutes southeast of downtown Asheville via Hwy 74A. The Asheville Regional Airport is 20 minutes to the west. Grocery stores and local restaurants are within 10 minutes. Schools are nearby.
Summary of Features
- Unique house design style with butterfly roof
- 3 bedrooms; 3 full bathrooms
- Approximately 2,270 square feet of heated living space
- Constructed in 1971
- Completely renovated in 2001 including new roofing, new siding and insulation, new French doors and vinyl clad windows, new oak flooring to match the existing hardwood floors, new carpet and tile, new heating system, new kitchen cabinetry and appliances
- Heat pump with propane back-up
- Screened front balcony porch
- Large back deck and unique side deck
- Open floor plan with walls of windows to enjoy the views
- Oak hardwood flooring in the main living areas
- Dining room with mountain views
- Stacked stone fireplace in the family room
- Living room featuring big view windows, built-in cabinetry with bookshelves and porch access
- Fanciful country kitchen with Thermador gas convection oven and range, Thermador wall oven, G.E. microwave, and KitchenAid dishwasher
- Utility room opening to conversation deck with a large maple tree growing up through the center
- Master bedroom suite: Awaken to the morning sun streaming through the French doors to the private balcony deck and beautiful mountain views
- Charming guest bedroom with beautiful views through French doors to its own private balcony
- Third bedroom with views to the rock face of the mountain behind the home
- Lower level bonus room/ office with 3/4 bath and separate entry, if desired
- Lower level two-bay garage with plenty of storage space
- Workshop area on the lower level
- One-bedroom, two-bath guest house
- Original farmhouse updated in 2000
- Pine flooring and cabinetry, pine board paneling
- Brick fireplace with forced air Dove woodstove
- Open country kitchen with bead board walls
- Appliances include Magic Chef oven and range, G.E. refrigerator, and G.E. washer and dryer in the utility room
- Rocking chair front porch overlooking the meadows and pond
- Authentic log storage barn with tin roof near the guest house
- Two-level workshop/barn building near the main residence
- Countryside location with convenient access to Asheville
- Gated entrance with handsome stone columns
- Freshwater spring, two small creeks, frontage on Brush Creek, and a stocked pond
- Walking trails and ATV trail through the woods
- Garden space
- Beautiful views
- Additional building sites
Price | Please call us for pricing
Contact | To arrange for a private showing, please
contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah