Country Estate on 32 Acres
In the Mountains of Western North Carolina
Discover spectacular 360-degree multi-range mountain views from this beautifully appointed Plantation Manor home perched on 32 acres of pristine rolling meadows. Features include an open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, maple floors, 8-foot custom doors, 2 dry stack stone fireplaces, gourmet kitchen, main level master and 2,000 square feet of extra wide covered and screened porches. The property includes two wells and vintage tobacco barn. For equestrians, the estate also offers an 8-stall barn with tack room, full bath and hayloft plus a separate run-in shed and fenced pastures. This enchanting country estate is located only 30 minutes from Asheville.
The Entrance |
As you enter the property, you’ll be greeted by two brick columns which flank a long paved driveway. This grand 32-acre property offers an idyllic estate approach set amid rolling fields and dramatic long-range mountain views.
The Residence |
This lovely custom designed 3-level Plantation style home, built in 2005, offers a majestic country setting with unparalleled mountain views. Inside boasts 3000+ square feet of living space with 4 bedrooms and 3 ½ baths. Outside, the maintenance-free brick exterior with stone accents is highlighted by copper gutters, a wraparound covered porch, 18 majestic white columns and a carriage house garage door. Concrete walkways, ample parking and easy-care professional landscaping complete the home’s exterior.
You’ll be welcomed by a custom 8-foot tall mahogany entry door. Inside, the handsome foyer boasts maple floors, a tongue and groove barreled ceiling, and 8-foot poplar interior doors accented with Emtek hardware and glass door knobs. Notice the lovely maple staircase with wide stairs and custom iron railings.
Great Room |
This spacious room features a two-story stacked stone fireplace with native pine mantel, cathedral tongue and groove ceiling, beautiful maple flooring and a graceful archway which opens to the dining room and kitchen.
The kitchen is a gourmet chef’s paradise. Amenities include granite countertops with under counter lighting, Mouser cherry cabinets with self-pull drawers, two Kohler porcelain black sinks and a center island with sink. The Wolf appliance package features a 6-burner Wolf gas stove, microwave, warming tray and hood. There’s also a Miele dishwasher, Sub-Zero refrigerator and garbage disposal. The 10-foot tongue and groove ceiling is highlighted by recessed lighting and box beams.
This bright dining area features expansive windows, maple floors and a 10-foot tongue and groove ceiling with box beams. Enjoy outdoor entertainment from this location by stepping through the solid mahogany Dutch door that opens out onto a large screened porch.
Open to the great room below, this upper level loft creates the perfect spot for a study or bonus room. Beautifully complimented by wood and iron railings, this space also features tall ceilings, maple flooring and crown molding.
Master Bedroom |
Located on the main level, the master suite offers privacy and character. The stacked stone fireplace creates the warmth and ambiance perfect for intimate and relaxing evenings. Large windows provide views of multiple mountain ranges to the South and West.
Master Bath |
This luxurious master bath features a Jacuzzi spa tub and oversized custom tiled shower with glass doors and multiple jets. Mouser adler cabinetry houses a double vanity with Kohler porcelain sinks and granite countertops. This room also features large walk-in closet, custom crown molding and mahogany exit door accessing the outdoor covered deck.
Guest Suite |
On the upper level adjacent to the loft, you’ll find two spacious bedrooms featuring gleaming maple flooring, 8-inch baseboards and crown molding. The two rooms share a Jack and Jill bathroom boasting quality finishes, granite countertops, knotty alder cabinetry by Mouser and a European-style modern antique porcelain tub with tiled back splash.
Lower Level |
Enjoy this additional light-filled space downstairs. Currently used as an office, this room is also ideally suited for a guest suite or family room. The area offers a full bath and separate access through the garage.
Porch & Decks |
This will become your favorite part of the house. With 2,000 square feet of outdoor living space, the wraparound deck with extra-wide overhangs and screened porch provides the perfect viewing platform for what is truly a breathtaking 360-degree panorama.
The Views |
Set against a backdrop of lush pastures, rolling hillsides, dramatic vistas, views of Mt. Pisgah and multiple mountain ranges, this country estate offers an ever changing canvas of colors, textures and seasons. Your days will begin as a blanket of fog gently rolls off the nearby French Broad River. You’ll find evenings equally mesmerizing as you watch the moon’s shadow draws a dramatic outline over surrounding mountain ridges.
Equestrian Facilities |
The estate offers a custom built 60x60 barn with eight matted 12x12 stalls, each with its own covered 12x12 outdoor day paddock. Featuring oak interiors and a T-shaped cement aisle, the barn also includes an indoor wash rack, lighting and water in each stall, tack room with office space and a full bath. Above, there is a 1,300-square-foot loft for hay storage plus overhead drops into each stall. The equestrian facilities also include a separate 24x32 run-in shed and a round pen with bluestone footing. The barn has its own well and septic system and is easily accessible to horse trailers and vans.
The Property |
The one-of-a-kind country estate encompasses 32 acres of rolling fields, visible from every room of the house. In addition to professional landscaping around the residence, organic apple, cherry and walnut trees dot the property. Fenced pastures offer automatic stock watering systems and provide the ability to harvest 1,200 50- to 60-pound squared bales of hay per year, ideal for horses or cattle. Also located on the property is a vintage tobacco barn suitable for storage.
The Location |
Offering proximity to shopping, restaurants and schools, this elegant country estate is located only 30 minutes to vibrant downtown Asheville, 15 minutes to the delightful town of Weaverville and 5 minutes to downtown Marshall. You’ll also be only minutes from the French Broad River where your family can enjoy river sports including rafting, kayaking and fishing. Hiking enthusiasts will appreciate proximity to the Appalachian Trail.
Summary of Features
- Built 2005
- 4 bedrooms; 3 bathrooms; 1 half bath
- Approximately 3,062 square feet of living space
- Anderson windows throughout
- 2000 square feet of extra wide wraparound covered and screen porches
- Brick exterior with stone accents
- Solid poured block walls
- Lifetime architectural shingles, copper gutters and copper chimney caps
- Dual zoned Trane Hi Efficiency heat pumps with dehumidifiers
- Propane gas 80-gallon water heater
- Motion sensor exterior lighting
- “Smart House” wiring for phones and computer network
- 2 wells (one for barn)
- 2 septic systems (one for barn)
- Maple hardwood floors throughout; ceramic tiled baths; lower level tiled throughout
- Custom 8-foot mahogany and poplar doors; Emtek hardware with glass doorknobs throughout
- 8-inch baseboard molding on main level
- Architectural arched ceiling from entry hallway into kitchen
- Great room with 2-story dry stacked stone fireplace; 20-foot cathedral tongue and groove ceiling; decorative ceiling fan
- 10-foot ceilings with boxed beams in kitchen and dining area
- Open kitchen featuring granite countertops, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, Mouser custom cherry cabinets, Kohler porcelain black sinks
- Stainless appliances include: oversized 6-burner Wolf gas stove, Wolf warming tray, microwave and exhaust hood; Miele dishwasher; Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Master bedroom on the main level with dry stacked stone gas log fireplace; full wall of windows overlooking mountain views; 20-foot cathedral tongue and groove ceiling; ceiling fan; large walk-in closet
- Master bath with Jacuzzi whirlpool; walk-in tiled shower with multiple wall jets; double vanities; Mouser custom knotty alder cabinets; Kohler sinks
- Laundry room on main level near master bedroom
- Open staircase accented with wrought iron leads to upper level loft with 9-foot ceiling
- Guest bedrooms on upper level; 9-foot ceilings; hardwood floors; Jack and Jill bath with ceramic tile floors and European-style modern porcelain tub
- Huge light-filled 4th bedroom on the lower level featuring tile floors; full bath
- Brick pillars at entrance
- Paved private main driveway to residence; additional gravel driveway to barn
- Professional landscaping
- Organic fruit trees; organic garden area
- Underground utilities
- Custom barn of approximately 3600 square feet featuring 8 matted stalls with covered day turnouts (could convert to 16 stalls); water in each stall; concrete T-shaped aisle; indoor wash rack
- Barn includes tongue and groove pine paneled tack room; full bath with shower
- Large hay loft
- Round pen with bluestone footing
- Run-in shed
- Vintage tobacco barn
- Completely fenced and cross-fenced pastures with automatic stock water tanks
- Easy access to barn for trailers and vans
- 5 minutes to Marshall
- 5 minutes to fishing, rafting and kayaking on the French Broad River
- 10 minutes to the Appalachian Trail
- 15 minutes to Weaverville
- 30 minutes to downtown Asheville
- 1 hour to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 541532
Price | Offered at $970,000
Contact | For details, please contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah