Enchanting Country Estate
39-Acre Gentlemanís Farm in Rutherfordton NC
Savor the allure of this impressive 39-acre countryside masterpiece. The architect-designed residence features a rare limestone and brick exterior, impeccable landscaping, extensive rock work and stunning pastoral views all the way to Chimney Rock. Distinguished interiors include vaulted ceilings with reclaimed antique beams, stone fireplace, mahogany French doors, custom pocket doors, master on main and granite countertops. The magnificent master bath boasts glass block, tumbled marble floors, Aquatic air tub. With board fenced pastures, 5-stall center aisle Morton barn, and lush gardens, this property is the quintessential gentleman’s farm.
The Residence |
Architecturally designed by Jack Arnold, this masterful 1993 residence has undergone a complete renovation in the 2007 timeframe. The home boasts a wealth of amenities ranging from whole house vac, updated Lutron electrical, upgraded plumbing, to custom walnut doors, sound system, upgraded designer baths and sparkling new gourmet kitchen. Extensive rock work, meticulous landscaping and idyllic long range mountain views create an impeccable setting for this fine country residence.
You’ll be greeted with a storybook cottage experience as you approach the home’s brick and stone entrance. Notice the lush landscape and charming arched entryway.
The custom walnut front door with beveled glass provides a grand welcome to this home. Inside, the foyer offers tile floors, a lovely arched doorway into the adjacent room, and a handsome ceiling of reclaimed wood and beams. The wood is derived from the floor of a historic cotton mill spinning room.
Great Room |
Step into this airy space and you’ll be entranced by the custom stone fireplace with gas logs and solid walnut mantel, vaulted ceilings with reclaimed antique beams and attractive chandelier. A wall of natural light is created by three Peachtree mahogany French doors which lead out to the rocking chair porch. From this room, you’ll enjoy stunning views all the way to Chimney Rock and magnificent sunsets over the mountains.
Family Room |
The exceptional Palladian window of the family room frames picturesque views of nature. Open to the kitchen, this warm and inviting room boasts walnut bookcases, oak floors, and vaulted ceiling with tasteful lighting. The wood burning Tennessee field stone fireplace serves as an impressive focal point.
A chef’s delight, this gourmet kitchen provides the ideal space for creating epicurean treasures. Enjoy granite countertops, custom cabinetry with glass display fronts, custom tile backsplash, walnut butcher block center island with undermount prep sink, and handy breakfast bar with custom maple top. Notice the stone floors, handsome designer lighting, Kohler double sink and Kohler pot filler. The appliance package includes Wolf double ovens, Wolf gas cooktop and Sharp microwave/warming oven as well as KitchenAid refrigerator, dishwasher, ice maker and trash compactor. Characteristic of the home’s open floor plan and easy traffic flow, the kitchen opens to the family room and dining room.
Butler's Pantry |
Located near the kitchen, this handy butler’s pantry features granite countertops, new tile floors, custom cabinetry and custom tile backsplash. The room includes a second KitchenAid dishwasher and sink plus a Maytag front loading washer and dryer.
The formal dining room boasts a vaulted ceiling with reclaimed antique beams. Notice the hardwood floor, attractive chandelier and lovely arched window looking out to private views. The room also includes two Stealth wall speakers.
Master Bedroom |
Open and airy, the sunny main level master suite showcases the wonders of nature through the large picture window. The room features vaulted ceilings with antique beams, custom mahogany French doors opening out to the patio, custom draperies, handsome ceiling fan and granite countertop cabinet plus His and Her walk-in closets.
Master Bath |
Magnificent in all regards, this elegant master bath boasts tumbled marble flooring, handsome Aquatic air bath with remote , His and Her vanities with Kohler sinks, and custom stone shower with glass block. Notice the sunny window with custom drapes and the lovely chandelier over the tub.
Guest Bedrooms |
The residence includes three large guest bedrooms, one on the main level and two on the upper level. Each room offers its own unique character plus designer ceiling fan, new basket-weave Berber carpeting and spacious closet. The upstairs rooms feature charming window alcoves. All rooms offer a quiet and comforting space with private views of serene natural landscapes.
Guest Baths |
The fully updated baths boast a variety of tasteful amenities and designer styling. The guest suite on the main floor features an ensuite bath with stone flooring, custom walnut door and customized stone shower with glass front plus Kohler sink and fixtures. The upper level bath includes glass block wall, double vanity, stone flooring, tub/shower with handmade custom tile, linen closet and custom walnut door. The main level powder room includes a custom pocket walnut door, pedestal sink, hardwood floor and Kohler fixtures.
Man Cave |
Descend to the lower level and experience the ultimate man cave. The private study features a brick fireplace with antique beam mantel. Enjoy porcelain tile floors and Stealth wall speakers. The rec room offers a venue for games, television or craft projects while the exercise room boasts plenty of space for a home gym. The handsome kitchenette with its sink, oak cabinetry, refrigerator and dining area is the perfect spot for a snack. All rooms include recessed lighting and new basket-weave Berber carpeting while all walls and ceiling have been resurfaced and professionally painted. The lower level also includes huge storage areas plus a bath with Kohler pedestal sink and tile floors.
Outdoor Venues |
Outside, the home boasts a breezy covered porch accessed through the mahogany French doors. The open brick patio provides the ideal spot for outdoor entertaining and cooking. From this idyllic location, you can see magical mountain sunsets all year round.
Grounds & Views |
Cradled in a private countryside setting, the grounds of this estate property offer rolling pastures, mature hardwoods, lush gardens and spectacular mountain views. Extensive stonework and meticulous landscaping establish an old world estate setting.
Equestrian Facilities |
For equestrians, the estate features a 5-stall center aisle Morton barn. The barn includes a heated tack room, wash rack, hot water heater, and hay loft. A paddock at the barn and board-fenced pastures with established grass provide plenty of space for your horses. Level parking and easy access for horse trailers and vans is available on the property. Located in a region known for its equestrian venues, the farm offers proximity to the planned Rutherford County Equestrian Division (ROC-ED) trail system. The area also features organized trail rides as well as tack shops, feed stores, horsemanship clinics and equestrian venues.
The Location |
This countryside estate is located only 3 miles from shopping and dining in downtown Rutherfordton, North Carolina. Both the Rutherford Regional Hospital and the Rutherford Golf and Country Club are only 3 miles away. Enjoy an easy drive to four-lane U.S. 74, only 6 miles away and Isothermal Community College, only 7 miles away. From this property, it’s a 20-mile drive to both Tryon and Lake Lure while the larger towns of Spartanburg, Greenville and Asheville are approximately 50 miles away. For airline travel, the Rutherford County Airport is only 9 miles away, the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) is approximately 50 miles away and Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is 65 miles away.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1993; Remodeled in 2007
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 6400 square feet of living space
- Whole house Generac generator 2011
- Whole house vac
- Upgraded plumbing
- Upgraded electrical with Lutron
- New two-zone water heater
- New water pump
- Double garage
- Reclaimed antique wood beams and mantels dating to 1830s
- All new interior doors, including five sets of mahogany French doors by Peachtree
- Stealth sound systems on main floor and lower level
- Foyer with custom walnut front door, tile floors and ceiling of reclaimed wood and beams
- Great room with custom stone fireplace, solid custom walnut mantel, reclaimed antique beams, Peachtree mahogany French doors, Stealth speakers, views to Chimney Rock
- Family room with Palladian window, custom walnut bookcases, oak floors and Tennessee field stone fireplace
- Gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, custom cabinetry, walnut butcher block center island, breakfast bar, stone floors, Kohler double sink and prep sink, Wolf and KitchenAid appliances
- Formal dining room with vaulted ceiling, reclaimed antique beams, oak floors, arched window, Stealth wall speakers
- Butler’s pantry with granite countertops, new tile floors, custom cabinetry, KitchenAid dishwasher and sink, washer and dryer
- Main level master suite with wall of windows plus His and Her walk-in closets
- Master bath with glass block, custom stone shower, tumbled marble flooring, Aquatic air bath, His and Her vanities
- Three large guest bedrooms with new basket weave Berber carpeting, ceiling fans, spacious closet, window alcoves
- Upgraded guest baths featuring a range of amenities from stone flooring and custom walnut door to stone shower, Kohler sink and fixtures and glass block
- Huge wrap around attic storage area accessed from the second floor
- Lower level man cave featuring a private study with brick fireplace, rec room, exercise room, kitchenette, bath, new basket weave Berber carpeting, and huge storage areas
- Covered back porch and open brick patio with views all the way to Chimney Rock
- 39.84 rolling acres
- Idyllic estate entrance with paved driveway winding along the pasture and through the woods
- Long range mountain views all the way to Chimney Rock
- Recently graded front, side and back yards with new drainage
- Landscape lighting
- Stands of hardwood trees
- Garden area with a variety of flowering plants
- Meticulous landscaping surrounding the home
- Paved driveway sealed in 2011
- 5-stall center aisle Morton barn
- Heated tack room with sink, wash rack, water heater, and hayloft in barn
- Board-fenced pastures at both the front and back of the house
- Easy access and level parking for horse trailers and vans
- Proximity to the new Rutherford County Equestrian Division (ROC-ED) trail system and organized trail rides as well as equestrian clinics and venues
- Located in Rutherfordton NC
- Proximity to shopping, dining, and schools
- 3 miles to downtown Rutherfordton
- 3 miles to Rutherford Golf and Country Club
- 3 miles to Rutherford Regional Medical Center
- 6 miles to U.S. 74
- 7 miles to Isothermal Community College
- 20 miles to Lake Lure NC
- 20 miles to Tryon NC
- 50 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 55 miles to Asheville NC
- 65 miles to Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT)
Price | No longer listed
Contact | For details, contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah at