Morning Meadow Farm
Storybook Horse Farm on 25 Acres with Private Lake
You’ll be entranced by this captivating 25-acre storybook farm with its own private lake, gated entrance, immaculate home, two guest cottages, swimming pool and equestrian facilities. The main residence, built with I-beam construction, has been fully renovated. This alluring home features 3 fireplaces, French doors, 20’ beamed ceiling, security system, central vac, hardwood floors and sunny gourmet kitchen. The farm includes a new 12-stall barn, manicured trails, mature hardwoods, and established pastures with 3-board fencing. Mineral rights convey.
The Farm |
Cradled in the Carolina foothills, directly off the Cherokee Blue Ridge Scenic Highway, Morning Meadow Farm is a picturesque equestrian property with rolling pastures, a stocked lake, and an idyllic estate setting. Conservation easements on the neighboring property help protect your privacy.
The Residence |
This gracious home offers approximately 5,000 square feet of living space and I-beam construction. Fully renovated by the current owner, a former Martha Stewart Living television producer, the residence boasts numerous upgrades and fine touches including a 2009 5-ton heat pump/AC and a 2009 Thermal-Pride oil furnace. Outside, the home is graced with two copper-trimmed bay windows and handsome cupolas as well as Southern plantation style front and back porches.
The Foyer |
Formal yet welcoming, the foyer boasts gleaming oak floors and a large greeting area in the Virginia Hunt Country tradition. Just off the foyer is a handsome office with tongue-and-groove pine paneling, oak floors, two French door entrances and views across the front pasture.
Great Room |
The distinguished great room features a vaulted 20-foot ceiling with exposed beams, floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace, tongue-in-groove walls, and a handy wet bar. There’s also a built-in distressed hardwood silver trophy unit. Notice the upper level catwalk, an ideal spot for displaying your art collection. Large sliding glass doors open out to the back deck and serene views.
Discerning chefs will be delighted with this ceiling and spacious kitchen. The room features three sunny windows, copper fixtures and a large center island with breakfast bar seating. Notice the stylish glass-front cabinets, three pantry cabinets, stainless Jennaire cook top, two ovens, two sinks and beautiful Black Canyon Quartz Silestone countertops. Plenty of work space, plenty of storage and plenty of light combine to make this a dream kitchen.
Open to the foyer and the kitchen, the formal dining room boasts hardwood floors, tongue-and-groove paneling, plantation shutters and heirloom crown molding. The room is enhanced by a handsome wrought-iron chandelier. From this perfect dining spot, you’ll have peaceful views across your own rolling pastures.
1st Master Bedroom |
The residence features two master suites, each with its own bath. The first master bedroom includes a fireplace, sunny sitting area, plantation shutters, separate dressing room and a walk-in closet with French doors. Through the large sliding glass doors, you’ll have direct access to the back balcony and views down towards the lake.
2nd Master Bedroom |
This restful master bedroom offers a gracious bay window, two spacious walk-in closets and views across the front pastures. You’ll also enjoy a charming balcony with private vistas.
Master Baths |
Step into your master bath and experience a relaxing space with upgraded amenities. One master bath features copper fixtures, Roman tub, dual-sink vanity and glass-enclosed shower. The other provides an elevated hardwood vanity and glass-enclosed shower.
Located on the lower level, this convenient walk-out garden apartment with its privacy and three separate entrances provides the ideal retreat for guests or teens. The living room boasts a flagstone fireplace and sliding glass doors opening to the patio. The apartment includes a full kitchen, one bedroom, and full ensuite bath with copper sink and glass-enclosed shower. There’s also a laundry with full sized washer/dryer. Notice the natural jute carpet in the bedroom and the two authentic and aged steel saw-mill-blades recessed in the concrete floors of the living room. Just outside the sliding glass doors, there’s a summer kitchen, flagstone patio and beautiful rock walls.
The relaxing 20 X 40 in-ground pool is located in a private setting at the back of the home. The poolside area is fenced and offers views across the pastures and down to your private lake.
Log Cabin |
Set amid a grove of tall shade trees, this authentic 1872 log cabin glows with historic ambiance. The cabin features 800 square feet of living space with a living area, kitchen, one bedroom and one full bath. Notice the stone fireplace and tranquil rocking chair front porch. With its own separate drive, this cabin makes the perfect guest house or rental.
Guest Cottage |
This cute brick rental cottage includes 900 square feet of living space with one bedroom and one full bath. Notice the stone patio with railing. From here, your guests will enjoy stunning lake views.
Equestrian Facilities |
Morning Meadow Farm boasts a new 36 X 72 barn with fully matted 12 X 12 stalls, tack room, full bath and laundry. Equestrians will appreciate the black 3-board with wire (keep-in/keep-out) fencing and cross-fencing as well as the manicured private riding trails that wind along the lake and through the woodlands. Near the barn, a level field provides ideal space for an outdoor ring or covered arena. The property also offers level access and plenty of parking for horse trailers and vans. Located in Carolina horse country, the farm enjoys proximity to the area’s notable equestrian amenities including FENCE, FETA and CETA equestrian trails, tack shops, feed stores and state-of-the-art equine hospital
The Lake |
Your idyllic farm setting is complete with this large stocked pond. Cradled in an amphitheatre-style setting, this private pond lies within view of the main residence, the swimming pool, the barn and the guest cottages. Enjoy fishing from the dock, canoeing across calm waters or family picnics along the shoreline.
The Location |
Poised in the idyllic countryside near the Carolina state line, Morning Meadow Farm is located directly off the Cherokee Blue Ridge Scenic Highway. Enjoy a quick 5-minute drive to shopping and dining in charming Landrum, South Carolina. The towns of Tryon and Columbus are only 10 minutes away. Proximity to I-26 provides easy access to the larger cities of Asheville and Hendersonville in North Carolina as well as Spartanburg and Greenville in South Carolina. The Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport is a 25- minute drive from the farm.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1982
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths
- Approximately 5,000 square feet of living space
- 14” I-beam construction with brick, stone and concrete
- Exterior composed of stone, brick and Carolina siding
- Southern plantation style front and back porches
- New 5-ton heat pump/AC installed in June 2009
- Thermal-Pride oil furnace installed October 2009
- Two cupolas with weather vanes
- Copper-trimmed bay windows on the front exterior
- Balconies and porch overlooking lake and pasture views
- Security system with motion detectors
- Central vac; 2-zone AC; wired for 15kw generator
- 20 X 40 in-ground pool poised in a private setting
- Home selected for 3 live interviews on CNN national network morning news program
- Open floor plan with private master bedroom wing
- Foyer with oak floors and large greeting area in the Virginia Hunt Country tradition
- Great room with vaulted 20-foot beam ceiling, floor-to-ceiling fireplace, wet bar and sliding glass doors open to the deck and private, serene views
- Sunny, renovated kitchen with 3 windows, 2 ovens, large center island, glass front cabinets, Jennaire cooktop, 2 sinks and quartz Silestone countertops
- Formal dining area with hardwood floors, plantation shutters, heirloom wrought-iron chandelier and tongue-and-groove paneling
- 1st master suite with fireplace, sunny sitting area, Plantation shutters and access to balcony
- 1st master bath with separate dressing room, elevated hardwood vanity and glass-enclosed shower
- 2nd master suite with private balcony, gracious bay window, two spacious walk-in closets and views to the front pastures
- 2nd master bath with copper fixtures, Roman tub, dual-sink vanity, glass-enclosed shower
- Guest bedroom with kitchenette, bay window and ensuite bath with glass-enclosed shower
- Office with tongue-and-groove pine paneling, oak floors and 2 French door entrances
- Upper level billiard room/library with tongue-and-groove walls, beams, balcony and observation cat-walk/art gallery
- Full garden apartment with flagstone fireplace, living room, kitchen, bedroom, full bath, laundry and sliding glass doors to flagstone patio
- Historic 1872 log cabin with 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 800 square feet of living space, shady setting, and separate private drive
- Brick cottage with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath, 900 square feet of living space and patio with private lake views
- New 36 X 72 barn with fully matted 12 X 12 stalls, tack room, full bath and laundry
- Rolling pastures
- 3-board fencing and cross-fencing
- Exquisitely manicured private riding trails
- Easy level access and plenty of space for horse trailer and van parking
- Level space for an outdoor ring or covered arena
- Proximity to the area’s notable equestrian amenities and services
- Private countryside setting
- 25 park-like acres
- Large stocked pond with dock
- Gated entrance with stone columns
- Long private paved drive
- English garden cottage with electricity and water
- 24 X 22 equipment shed
- 2-acre yard with 3-board and wire fencing
- Mature landscaping and flagstone walkways
- Seasonal mountain view
- Abundant wildlife
- Mature native hardwoods
- Beautiful stream
- Rock gardens with multi-ton boulders
- Conservation easements on neighboring property ensures protected privacy
- Mineral rights convey
- Landrum, South Carolina
- Located directly off the Cherokee Blue Ridge Scenic Highway
- 5 minutes to shopping and dining in downtown Landrum
- 10 minutes to Tryon, Columbus and I-26
- 20 minutes to Saluda and Hendersonville, NC
- 25 minutes to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 45 minutes to Asheville and the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
Price | Please call for pricing
Contact | For details, please
contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah at
Cell Phone: 828.712.2232