Rose Crest Farm
20-Acre Horse Farm in Walnut Creek Preserve
Rose Crest Farm is a stunning gated equestrian estate poised on 20 acres of rolling land with breathtaking panoramic mountain views. The 2010 architect-designed brick home features numerous upscale amenities including hickory and tile flooring, two stacked stone fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, master suite on main level, and gourmet kitchen with cherry cabinetry and granite countertops. Equestrians will appreciate the Morton barn with apartment, fenced and cross-fenced pastures, and direct access to 50 miles of private riding trails in Walnut Creek Preserve, a 2100-acre private community. Enjoy complete privacy plus proximity to shopping and dining in Lake Lure, Columbus and Tryon NC.
The Residence |
Enter Rose Crest Farm through the private gates and follow a winding country lane flanked by woodlands and rolling fields. Poised on a hilltop, the lovely custom-designed home boasts Craftsman Country Estate styling with approximately 5100 square feet of living space and a handsome 2-car garage. The home offers Hurd Thermopane windows, dual HVAC system with programmable thermostats, two on-demand hot water systems, a 14KW generator, and whole house water filtration system.
The Views |
At Rose Crest Farm, you’ll be surrounded by year round mountain vistas. Enjoy views from the house, from the barn, and from numerous other points on the property. The lush greens of spring and summer turn to a magnificent palatte of color in the fall.
The Foyer |
Step through the handsome mahogany front door with its sidelight panels and lantern-style outdoor lights. Inside, this welcoming foyer features half-columns with arches as well as two arched wall niches flanking French doors. From the foyer, you can access the main staircase, the kitchen and the study. This area offers a delightful view of the dining room and the windows at far end of house.
Located on the main level, just off the foyer, the handsome office includes hickory flooring and a wall of built-in oak cabinetry and bookcases. Notice the French doors from entry hall, pocket doors to den, recessed lighting. The two large double-hung windows with wood blinds frame spectacular mountain views.
Open to the kitchen, this spacious room features a vaulted tongue and groove wood paneled ceilings, handsome wood-burning floor-to-ceiling fireplace, recessed lighting, built-in bookshelves, plus large picture windows with UV protection as well as Levolor and Kirsh Accordia window coverings. Enjoy year round views to the barn and the Western mountains, including portion of Bald Mountain at Lake Lure area. .
This gourmet kitchen is a chef’s delight. The cherry cabinetry features a handsome butterscotch finish with ebony glaze. The room includes brick tile floors, granite countertops, built-in desk area, and a raised breakfast bar. The appliance package includes double convection ovens, disposal and dishwasher. Notice the three full-height, double-door storage cabinets with roll-out drawers.
Breakfast Room |
Located adjacent to the kitchen, this charming area is ideal for informal dining. The room includes ceiling beams plus three large, double-hung, Thermopane windows framing idyllic views of the pasture, the barn and the mountains beyond. Notice the Levolor and Kirsh Accordia window coverings.
Open to the living room, this formal dining room features Craftsman-style columns and high Craftsman-style paneling plus lovely arches at two entrances. Notice stunning coffered ceiling and the double-hung windows overlooking the grounds.
Living Room |
This bright and airy room boasts vaulted ceilings, limestone stacked stone fireplace with vented gas logs. The mantel is crafted of Wormy Chestnut from the beams of a 200-year-old barn. The room includes French doors and large, double-hung windows with views of Western Mountains, the pasture, the barn, portion of Bald Mountain at Lake Lure. Notice the ceiling fans, recessed and spot lighting and cordless Levolor and Kirsh Accordia window coverings as well as an equestrian-theme chandelier.
Master Suite |
The home boasts a private master wing with bedroom, his and her walk-in closets, master bath and hallway to the mud room. The lovely master bedroom features large windows and crown molding. You’ll enjoy views to the mountains. The adjacent private sitting room with a French door leading out to a private brick porch.
Master Bath |
The master bath boasts a handsome soaker tub, separate commode room with octagon window, tiled shower, granite countertops and undermount sink.
Guest Bedrooms |
Upstairs, the home includes three large guest rooms, each with walk-in closets, double-hung windows, and private views across the farm. One guest room features an ensuite bath while the other two share a bath. One of the guest rooms offers a delightful private sitting area. This level also offers access to large walk-in attic storage area.
Mud Room |
Located near the master wing, this spacious mud room offers a convenient laundry area as well as access to the upper level. Notice the maple cabinets with Oregano finish, large window over the sink cabinet, storage closet under stairwell, corner utility closet, large walk-in closet, bead-board paneling, and half-French door to backyard.
Lower Level |
The basement level boasts a spacious carpeted pool room and entertainment area with 9-foot ceilings, ceiling fan, recessed lighting and pool table light fixture. You’ll also find a tiled bathroom, walk-in closet, and hobby room as well as an exercise room and workshop access. An unfinished basement area offers additional storage space.
Outdoor Venues |
The home features a covered side porch with brick floor and a lovely patio surrounded by lush flower gardens. These outdoor venues offer a relaxed setting with views overlooking the pasture, barn, and the mountains beyond.
Equestrian Facilities |
Located only steps away from the residence, the 3-stall Morton center aisle barn includes a 12 X 24 apartment area, feed room with washer/dryer hookups, double-end alleyway doors, stall mats, and frost-free water pumps both indoors and out. Notice the full-length shed roofs on both sides of barn with concrete floor under one shed roof area. The farm offers easy access and level parking for horse trailers, vans and farm equipment. Rose Crest Farm includes three pastures with established grass. They are fenced and cross-fenced with either 3-rail wood fencing or equestrian-wire with top rail and wood posts. An additional unfenced pasture is located across the driveway from the barn.
Equestrian Amenities |
At Walnut Creek Preserve, residents can ride the 50 miles of pristine equestrian trails which wind through the 2,100 acres of this private community. In the surrounding area of Carolina horse country, horsemen can also enjoy a wealth of year round equestrian events from fox hunting and clinics to horse shows and carriage club outings. Enjoy a full range of services including tack shops, feed stores and state-of-the-art veterinary clinics. In addition, the area around Tryon boasts several equestrian centers including the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE), Harmon Field, and the new Tryon International Equestrian Center which is located only 20 minutes from Rose Crest Farm.
The Community |
Walnut Creek Preserve is a distinctive private equestrian community with 2,100 acres of land and only 25 farm sites averaging approximately 20 acres each. The balance of the land is held in conservation easement, protecting it from development in perpetuity. The community offers 50 miles of trails designed for riding and hiking. Deer and turkey hunting are allowed during specified times of hunting season. At Walnut Creek Preserve, you’ll enjoy an invigorating countryside lifestyle amid like-minded neighbors. Pamper yourself with walks in the woods, hikes to the remarkable waterfalls in the community, and picnics overlooking the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains. Shopping for groceries and essentials is only 4.5 miles away. And for an evening out, the towns of Lake Lure, Columbus, Tryon, Saluda, Hendersonville and Asheville all lie within an easy driving distance.
The Location |
Poised in a private setting only 4.5 miles from shopping and 20 minutes from the new Tryon International Equestrian Center, Rose Crest Farm offers a secluded location with easy access to restaurants, groceries, cultural activities as well as both lake activities and world class equestrian events.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2010
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 5,100 square feet of living space
- Architect-designed by Owner and Peek Design Group
- Craftsman country estate styling
- 2-car garage with potential for 3rd car at basement level
- Brick and Hardiplank exterior
- Certainteed 25-year roof
- Hurd Thermopane windows
- Oil-rubbed bronze hardware on doors and windows
- Sprayed foam insulation (lcyene open cell)
- Dual HVAC system with programmable thermostats
- 2 energy efficient tankless hot water heaters
- 14KW generator
- 60 gallon/minute well
- Whole house water filtration system, including ultra violet bacteria eradication
- Radon eradication system
- Outdoor venues include breezy covered side porch with brick floors and an outdoor patio area surrounded by lush flower gardens
- Mahogany front door with arched top and sidelight panels
- Zickgraf 5” distressed Hickory main level; 3-1/4” dark-stain oak plank upstairs
- Heavy 5” crown molding on upper level and basement level
- Two stack stone fireplaces, each with a mantel crafted of Wormy Chestnut from the beams of a 200-year-old barn
- Gourmet kitchen featuring granite countertops; tile brick floors; double convection ovens; undermount sink; cherry cabinets with butterscotch finish and ebony glaze; cherry center island with java finish and ebony glaze; breakfast bar seating
- Breakfast room with three, large, double-hung, Thermopane windows; view of mountains, pasture and bar; ceiling beams, Levolor and Kirsh Accordia window coverings
- Formal dining with Craftsman-style columns and paneling, arches at two entrances, double-hung windows and stunning coffered ceiling
- Living room featuring vaulted ceiling, stone fireplace with gas log, built-in bookshelves, French doors and large windows with views of the barn and mountains
- Spacious den with vaulted tongue and groove wood-paneled ceiling, stack stone wood-burning fireplace, equestrian-themed chandelier, large picture windows with views of the barn and mountains
- Office with hickory floors, wall of built-in bookcases, and mountain views
- Master bedroom on main level with private sitting room, French door to covered back porch, and mountain views
- Master bath with handsome soaker tub, commode room with octagon window, tiled shower, granite countertops and undermount sink
- Upper level featuring 3 large guest rooms, each with walk-in closets and double-hung windows; one with ensuite bath and two share a Jack and Jill bath.
- Lower level featuring a large carpeted recreation room with pool table fixture, craft room, tiled full bath, exercise room, storage area and mechanical room
- Abundant storage areas throughout the house, on all levels
- Approximately 20.4 acres of rolling land
- 3-stall center-aisle Morton barn with apartment area, feed room, double-end alleyway doors, and stall mats
- Frost-free water pumps both inside the barn and in the paddock area
- 3 pastures, fenced and cross-fenced with either 3-rail wood fencing or equestrian-wire with top rail and wood posts
- Established grass
- Easy access and level parking for horse trailers and farm equipment
- Additional un-fenced area for potential use as additional pasture
- Access to 50 miles of private community equestrian trails
- Located in an area rich with year-round equestrian events plus state-of-the-art equine veterinary clinic and dedicated equestrian trail systems
- Located only 20 minutes from the new Tryon International Equestrian Center
- The Preserve at Walnut Creek private equestrian community
- 2,100-acre preserve with only 25 lots averaging 20 acres each
- The balance of the acreage in conservation land
- 50 miles of private trails for riding and hiking
- Located in Walnut Creek Preserve private community
- 4.5 miles to shopping and dining at Lake Lure NC
- 6 miles to downtown Lake Lure NC
- 20 minutes to the Tryon International Equestrian Center
- 10 miles to Lake Adger
- 13 miles to local schools
- 15 miles to Columbus NC
- 16 miles to I-26
- 20 miles to Tryon NC
- 30 miles to Asheville NC (via US 74)
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC (via I-26)
- 40 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 45 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 50 miles to Greenville Spartanburg Airport (GSP)
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 565075
Price | Offered at $1,495,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.