Misty Oaks Farm
24-Acre Horse Farm near Hendersonville, NC
Experience pure tranquility and privacy on 24 rolling acres with two private ponds. Misty Oaks Farm offers a gated entrance, rustic home renovated in 2000, and serene views overlooking the pastures and ponds. Equestrians will appreciate the 6-stall barn, 5 paddocks and pastures, board fencing, onsite trails and proximity to numerous public riding trails and equestrian venues. Centrally located only 10 miles from the Asheville Airport, the property is ideal for private horse farm, vacation rental, “bed and barn” equestrian rental or event center and wedding venue.
The Residence |
Upgraded in 2000, this home with rustic ambiance features approximately 2500 square feet of living space, board and baton siding, Italian tile and pine flooring, propane forced heat and central AC. The central great room with wings on either side provide for a nice blend of shared living space plus privacy.
Great Room |
Spacious and bright, the great room offers a handsome floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace with gas logs and two sets of sliding glass doors that open to the covered porch. With plenty of light, the great room features vaulted wood ceilings and Italian tile floors. This room is open to the kitchen and dining area.
Family Room |
This all-purpose room with Italian tile floors and bookshelves is ideal for a game room, rec room, family room or hobby space.
The fully equipped kitchen features tile countertops, pine flooring and tile backsplash. Notice the exposed beams and recessed lighting as well as undermount lighting on the cabinetry. Appliances include gas range, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator.
Open to the kitchen and great room, the dining room includes pine floors, exposed beams, sliding glass door and rustic chandelier.
This handy laundry room boasts Italian tile floors, cabinetry with double stainless sinks and a wood stove.
The home features two bedrooms, a master bedroom on the main level and a guest bedroom on the upper level. A third room can also be used for sleeping quarters. The main level master bedroom features exposed beams, tongue and groove pine walls, Italian tile floors, and a door opening to the outside hot tub. Upstairs, the guest room boasts French doors, vaulted wood ceiling, skylight, walk-in closet, and private balcony.
The residence includes three full baths. The lower level bath features Italian tile floors, claw foot tub and tiled shower while the upper level bath offers tile floors, vaulted pine ceiling and a lovely skylight.
Porch & Views |
Unwind in a peaceful setting with idyllic, pastoral views. The long rocking chair porch with wood floors and railings provides a quiet and breezy venue overlooking the ponds and pastures of Misty Oaks Farm. Enjoy outdoor dining, a good book, or a morning cup of coffee in the soothing ambiance of nature. At the end of the porch is a hot tub, the perfect spot for relaxation.
The Property |
Misty Oaks Farm offers 24 level to rolling acres
with two stocked ponds. The farm offers a gated entrance and gravel drive. Boasting richly wooded areas, open meadows and landscaped grounds, the property includes primitive tent campsites plus RV campsites with water and electrical hook-ups. Fish from your own ponds, wade in the streams, camp on the land, or ride your horses.
The Garage |
This 4-bay garage provides space for cars and farm equipment. The garage has electrical, running water, storage room and metal roof.
Equestrian Amenities |
Misty Oaks Farm offers a full range of equestrian facilities including fenced and cross-fenced pastures and paddocks, outdoor ring, and on-site riding trails. In addition, the farm is located within easy driving distance of public equestrian trails in Pisgah National Forest, DuPont State Forest and the Biltmore Estate. Tack shops, feed stores and equine veterinarians are located in the area. The farm also boasts proximity to several equestrian venues which offer year-round horsemanship clinics and horse shows: the WNC Agricultural Center, the Foothills Equestrian Nature Preserve (FENCE), the Biltmore Estate Equestrian Center and the Green Creek Equestrian Park.
The Barn |
The 6-stall center aisle barn features 12X12 stalls, tack room, hay loft and wash rack. The barn is wood frame with a metal roof, electrical and running water. Two stalls have direct access to fenced paddocks. There’s plenty of level land in the barn area for parking horse trailers and horse vans.
The Possibilities |
Misty Oaks Farm is centrally located only 10 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport. The property is suited for a private horse farm or private countryside gentleman’s farm. With equestrian facilities and proximity to area riding trails and equestrian venues, the property can take advantage of the increasing equi-tourism in the greater Asheville area. It is ideal for a “bed and barn” rental, horse and rider campground, horsemanship clinic venue, or boarding barn. The property is also perfect for an event center and wedding venue, boasting a setting that accommodates reunions, company picnics, birthday parties, receptions or bridal showers. With an ideal location and multiple uses, Misty Oaks Farm is the perfect investment or 1031 exchange property. For more information on the current uses of this property, see Misty Oaks Farm Vacation Home Rental
The Location |
Poised in the idyllic Mills River Valley area, Misty Oaks Farm is only 3 miles from equestrian trails in Pisgah National Forest, 4 miles from shopping and dining, and 10 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL). From this farm, Brevard is an 11-mile drive, Hendersonville is 12 miles away and downtown Asheville is 20 miles. The farm offers proximity to trout fishing streams, hiking trails, biking venues, the Blue Ridge Parkway and I-26.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1970; Upgraded in 2000
- 2 bedrooms; 3 full baths
- Approximately 2557 square feet of living space
- Board and baton exterior
- Security lights
- Propane forced heat
- Central AC
- Pastoral views across private pond and meadows
- Hot tub
- Pine floors; tile floors
- Cathedral ceilings
- Great room with floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace and sliding glass doors
- Master on main, upstairs guest room, third room that could be used for sleeping quarters
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Dining area open to the kitchen and great room
- Laundry with Italian tile floors
- Family room with Italian tile floors
- Rocking chair covered porch with wood floors and railings plus serene views
- 24 level to rolling acres
- 2 private ponds stocked with fish
- Gated entrance
- Gravel drive
- Landscaped grounds
- Woodlands with native hardwoods
- Open meadows and fenced pastures
- Established tent campsites plus RV campsites with water and electrical hook-ups
- 4-bay garage for cars and farm equipment
- 6-stall center-aisle barn with tack room and wash rack
- Fenced and cross-fenced pastures and paddocks with board fencing
- Outdoor ring
- On-site riding trails
- Proximity to tack stores, feed stores and equine vets
- Proximity to miles of public riding trails in Pisgah National Forest, DuPont State Forest, and Biltmore Estate
- Proximity to regional equestrian centers including WNC Agricultural Center, Biltmore Estate Equestrian Center, FENCE, and Green Creek Equestrian Park
- Private horse farm
- Private gentleman’s farm
- Boarding barn
- Riding clinic venue
- Vacation rental
- “Bed and Barn” equestrian vacation rental
- Horse camping venue
- Event center and wedding venue
- Centrally located in Mills River, NC
- 3 miles to Turkey Pen trails in Pisgah National Forest
- 4 miles to shopping and dining in Mills River, NC
- 5 miles to shopping and dining in Horse Shoe, NC
- 8 miles to the WNC Agricultural Center
- 8 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 8 miles to fly fishing on the Davidson River or the North Mills River
- 9 miles to Mills River trails in Pisgah National Forest
- 9 miles to I-26
- 11 miles to Brevard, NC
- 12 miles to Hendersonville, NC
- 15 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina Arboretum and hiking/biking trails in Bent Creek
- 16 miles to DuPont State Forest riding trails
- 19 miles to Biltmore Estate riding trails
- 20 miles to Asheville, NC
Price | Call for pricing
Contact | For deatails, please contact Sheelah Clarkson:
or call Sheelah