Fines Creek Farm
9.9-Acre Farm near Waynesville, NC is a Trail Riderís Heaven!
Situated in the valley of Fines Creek, this 9.95-acre horse farm features a handsome Kuhns Bros Custom Appalachian log home; custom built four-stall barn; three large pastures; and bold mountain creek. With 360-degree views, the property is cradled in a private setting surrounded by a quiet agricultural community. Convenient to hundreds of miles of riding trails, The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, fishing streams and Cataloochee Ski Resort, this property offers an outdoorsman’s paradise for the discerning buyer.
The Residence |
This handsome 6,000-square-foot custom built log home offers rustic charm fused with the amenities of an upscale luxury home. With four bedrooms, three full baths and one half bath, this residence offers plenty of living space. Amenities include red oak flooring, tongue and groove cathedral ceilings and Anderson windows. You’ll also find granite countertops, Rinnai water heater, ADT security and a fire and carbon monoxide alarm system.
Great Room |
The commanding great room features a two-story stacked stone fireplace with a custom carved mantel and cathedral ceiling with exposed beams. This spacious room is accented with an Antler chandelier and tongue and groove finishes. Open to the kitchen and dining area, this is the ideal space for entertaining family and guests.
Open and bright, this nicely appointed kitchen features granite countertops, over and under cabinet lighting and cabinets with seeded windows. The large kitchen island includes a prep sink and extra storage space below while the appliance package includes all KitchenAid appliances. The back splash behind the stove top is just one of many “special touches” this home area has to offer. Notice the attractive crown molding, stained glass lighting and sliding glass doors that open to the back deck.
Ideal for gatherings of family and guests, the dining area features a French country chandelier, exposed beams, and an accent wall. The room offers direct access to the deck through the French doors.
Loft and Rec Room |
The intimate loft area features a stacked stone fireplace, track lighting, red oak flooring and Anderson windows. Accessed from the loft area, the rec room is spacious and bright. The tongue and groove ceilings are accented with ceiling fans and a stag chandelier. The flooring is wall to wall carpet and there is a water line in place for a refrigerator.
Master Bedroom |
Located on a level all its own, this spacious master suite includes an accent wall, comfortable sitting area and French doors leading to the outdoor balcony. The stone gas fireplace features a custom carved mantel crafted by a local artist. Additional features include a large walk-in closet and ceiling fans.
Master Bath |
The master bath boasts a 6-foot Kohler whirlpool spa tub, custom built double vanity with twin copper Artisan sinks and granite countertops. Enjoy the upscale seamless glass shower and heated towel rack.
Guest Suite |
This beautiful home includes three large guest rooms. Two of the guest rooms, located on the main level, are joined by a Jack and Jill bath with granite countertops, custom Kohler sink and Kohler fixtures. One bedroom features a large queen size log bed, French doors leading out to the porch, a large closet and wall-to-wall carpet. The second bedroom has a full bed, twin bunk bed, large closet and wall-to-wall carpet. Both rooms feature tongue and groove finishes and exposed beams.
The Grounds |
Fines Creek Farm is situated on 9.95 acres of scenic beauty. With 360-degree mountain views and a bold stream running along the back side of the property, the farm offers a natural haven. The property includes three large pastures with water hydrants and five-foot no-climb steel fencing. Private and surrounded by mature trees, this open space will become your sanctuary.
Equestrian Facilities |
The four-stall two-story custom built barn offers many extras. With heated tack room, feed room, large open 2nd floor hay and storage room, this barn also features shed parking for horse trailer and tractor. Facilities include a tiled wash stall with hot water, a professional 150’ x 80’ outdoor riding arena and dry lot adjacent to the barn. This property is located in the midst of trail rider’s heaven. From this farm, trailer a short distance to miles of public equestrian trails. Ride the trails surrounding Big Creek horse camp and Cataloochee horse camp in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park as well as trails in Harmon Den area of Pisgah National Forest. With an equestrian pass, you can also enjoy the pastoral semi-private equestrian trails at Biltmore Estate, about 45 minutes away.
The Location |
The historic town of Waynesville and artsy town of Asheville are in close proximity to this beautiful horse farm. Situated on the border of the tri-counties of Haywood, Madison and Buncombe, Fines Creek Farm is convenient to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, fishing streams, hundred miles of riding trails and the Appalachian trail. The property is located 20 miles from the Tennessee state line and is convenient to Dollywood and Gatlinburg.
Summary of Features
- Constructed in 2005
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 6,000 square feet of living space
- Custom built Kuhns Bros Appalachian
- 50-year architectural roof
- Large attached 3-car garage on main level
- Rock walkway and steps, flowerbeds and landscaping
- 3-zoned heat and central AC
- ADT security, fire and carbon monoxide alarm system
- Motion detector at head of driveway
- Screened porch and open outdoor decking
- Two covered 2nd story balconies
- Custom log with post and beam construction
- Andersen Windows and French doors
- Rinnai tankless hot water heater
- Supreme walls and custom foundation
- 15 kilowatt generator with automatic switch-over
- Buried 1,000-gallon propane tank
- Every room wired for TV and phone
- Great room with exposed beams
- Architectural trusses with up lighting on balconies
- Floors are red oak, carpeting and tile
- Two stack stoned gas fireplaces with custom carved mantels
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Rec room and loft
- Walk-out ground floor with separate entrance
- Plenty of storage
- Artesian Kohler cobalt sink with matching faucets set in a handmade vanity by local artist
- Kohler tub, toilets, sinks fixtures and faucets
- Marble “Rainforest” floor
- Heated towel rack in master bath
- Granite countertops
- Stainless KitchenAid appliances
- Stag and antler chandelier
- Custom built 2-story barn with 4 stalls, heated tack and feed room; wash rack; large open 2nd floor for hay and storage
- Three large pastures with water hydrants and 5-foot no-climb steel fencing
- Professional 150x80 outdoor riding ring
- Tiled wash stall with hot water
- Separate well for barn and pastures
- Shed parking alongside barn for trailer
- Dog kennel
- Dry lot adjacent to barn
- A trail riderís heaven, this property is located only a short trailer distance from the horse camps and equestrian trails in Pisgah National Forest and Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- 360-degree mountain views
- Mountain stream runs along back property line
- Private lot surrounded by trees
- Convenient to Waynesville and Asheville
- Close proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Appalachian Trail
- Convenient to hundreds of miles of riding trails and fishing streams
- Convenient to Cataloochee Ski Resort, Dollywood and Gatlinburg
- Quiet agricultural community
Price | No longer listed
Contact | For details, please contact
or call Sheelah