Hawk's Nest Farm
20-Acre Farm in Tryon, North Carolina
Come home to pure delight and tranquility. Cradled in a quiet hollow, Hawk’s Nest Farm features a vintage one-bedroom cabin, stocked pond, two streams and rolling meadows. The cottage includes wood paneling, wrap around porch, updated bath and kitchen, gas log stove and wood floors. Enjoy mature shade trees and 20.5 acres of privacy. A small barn and board-fenced paddocks make this a good starter farm or hunt box for equestrians. Take one look at this sweet country farm and it will become one of your “places of the heart.”
The Residence |
More than 100 years old, the vintage home which once served a sharecropper’s cabin is a historic and storied place. The residence features a 50-year standing seam metal roof. The oversized heat pump, new submersible well pump, 2-bedroom septic permit and updated wiring were added with future expansion in mind. The cabin is perfectly located so it is cooled in the summer by the nearby creek and protected from wind in the winter.
Living / Dining |
The open living and dining area boasts vintage knotty pine paneled walls and ceiling. Large windows frame idyllic views across the property. Notice the wood floors, crown molding, and gas log stove.
The sunny kitchen is open and breezy with large windows and doors on both sides of the room leading out to the wrap around porch. Features include a GE stainless oven range, side-by-side stainless refrigerator and Mahogany countertops
The cozy bedroom features pine paneling, large window and direct access to the wrap around porch.
In the bath, you’ll enjoy a period claw foot tub, knotty pine paneling and beadboard ceiling. Washer/dryer hookups are also located in this room. Plenty of windows make the space bright and welcoming.
This secret spot is accessed by ladder. With a large window and carpeted floors, the loft can be used as a play room, meditation room or storage space. This room runs the entire length of the cabin and has hardwood floors under the carpet. The loft is heated and cooled but is not included in the square footage of the house.
Remember what it like to spend lazy summer days in the countryside? This delightful porch will bring you home to the country. It offers plenty of space for outdoor dining and guest entertaining or just rocking while you gaze out to your pond and meadows. The views are pristine and totally private.
The Property |
This cute farm offers 20 acres of gently rolling terrain. Hawk’s Nest Farm includes two streams and a stream head, small stocked pond, open meadows and stands of mature native hardwoods. Extensive perennials, including dogwood and mountain laurel, abound on the property. Wildlife, including hawks and blue herons, bring natural wonder to the farm.
Equestrian Facilities |
The property includes a small barn and board-fenced paddocks. The barn features a 50-year metal roof, feed room, tack room and open stall plus water and electrical. With room to build additional equestrian facilities, this property could make a great little good starter farm or hunt box for equestrians. The area features a strong equestrian community and a full range of equestrian events from dressage and carriage driving to hunter pace events, horsemanship clinics, fox hunting and the annual Blockhouse Steeplechase.
The Community |
Hawk’s Nest Farm is located in the pastoral Green Creek Community, just outside of Tryon, North Carolina. Green Creek is an agricultural area boasting gentle pastureland, rolling hills and long range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The community is home to family farms, equestrian property, a few bed and breakfast facilities, and picturesque vineyards.
Summary of Features
- 100+ years old
- 1 bedroom; 1 full bath
- Approximately 1,044 square feet of living space
- 50-year metal roof
- Wood siding
- Heat pump for heating and cooling
- New submersible web pump installed 2011
- High speed 6 MB DSL available
- Updated with future expansion in mind, including oversized heat pump, updated electrical and 2-bedroom septic permit
- Open living/dining area with large sunny windows, knotty pine paneling, wood floors and gas log stove
- Kitchen with mahogany countertops, wood floors and access to screened porch
- Bedroom with wood floors and access to screened porch
- Bath with pine paneling, beadboard ceiling, claw foot tub and washer/dryer hookups
- Loft, heated and cooled, with large window and carpeting (loft not included in square footage)
- Breezy wraparound porch with private views
- 20.5 acres of very usable land
- 2 streams and stream head
- Small stocked pond
- Rolling meadows
- Mature native hardwoods
- Numerous flowering shrubs and perennials
- Private drive
- Barn with feed room, tack room, storage room and open stall; water and electrical
- Board-fenced paddocks
- Plenty of room to add fencing for more pastures
- Easy access for horse trailer or van
- Proximity to equestrian centers, tack shops and state-of-the-art equine veterinary care plus numerous year-round equestrian events
- Located in the Green Creek Community of Polk County
- 2 miles to the Green Creek Equestrian Park
- 9 miles to I-26
- 11 miles to Columbus NC
- 11 miles to Landrum SC
- 15 miles to Tryon NC
- 23 miles to Forest City NC
- 25 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 50 miles to Asheville NC
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 488044
Price | Reduced from $330,000 to $275,000
To arrange for a private showing, please
contact Sheelah Clarkson.