The Residence |
The handsome 2001 residence is fully updated and in move-in condition. Outside, the home offers a circular drive and ground level access to the main living level. The property is terraced in the front and rear to provide a casual country living feel. The garage, connected to the house by a delightful covered bridge, is large enough for two trucks. The exterior is constructed of maintenance-free Hardie Board siding. The stone walks, terraces and fire pit enhance the country lifestyle.
The comfortable kitchen offers Corian countertops, stainless steel appliances and plenty of cabinet space. This is the active horseman’s ideal kitchen – easy to access and easy to maintain.
Dining / Keeping Room |
This attractive space is ideal family gatherings amid a luxurious and comfortable setting. Open to both the great room and the kitchen, the room features hardwood laminate flooring, recessed lighting and a raised gas fireplace surrounded by built-in book cases. French doors provide a wonderful connection to the out of doors.
Master Suite |
The bright master bedroom is located in a private wing on the main level of the home. The master suite includes large, sunny windows, a private bath, spacious closets and custom built-in storage space.
Guest Bedrooms |
Upstairs, the two guest bedrooms offer comfortable quarters with full baths, large closets and idyllic views of the grounds. The lower level of the home provides space that could be turned into a private apartment.
Here’s the perfect spot for relaxing or entertaining guests. The covered porch overlooks the back lawn and the pool.
Pools & Decks |
From the main level of the home, you can walk out onto the covered deck. Enjoy private views of the lower patio, the in-ground swimming pool and woodland landscapes. The porches, decks, outdoor living area, and stone patio connect nicely with the pool for year-round comfort and entertainment.
The farm offers a private, idyllic setting. A year round creek runs through the property. With rocky shelves and small waterfalls the creek is fenced off and makes an attractive riding and hiking area amid a park-like setting. There is a great water crossing to the sand jumping ring and access to local trail riding. The property offers pastoral open land as well as mature hardwoods and evergreens.
Suncatcher Farm includes a 16-stall main barn, 9-stall stallion barn, hay barn, and 6-stall row barn. Designed for low maintenance, the barns are high quality construction and in outstanding condition. The layout of the buildings and infrastructure on the property facilitates easy maintenance and operations. An interior road system provides easy access to all facilities.
Main Barn |
The main barn features a two-bedroom apartment/office complex, two tack rooms, and storage for feed and hay. DSL access is also available in the barn. Outside, there is convenient access to the covered arena, level driveway and plenty of space for parking large vans and trailers.
Covered Arena |
Equestrians will appreciate the grand 70 X 200 covered arena with bluestone footing. The views from this arena are spectacular. The property also includes an outdoor ring with sand footing.
Suncatcher Farm boasts 49 acres with mostly open land and 12 paddocks and pastures. The fenced and cross fenced pastures roll nicely and feature water as well as several run-in sheds.
Suncatcher Farm rests in the foothills near Tryon, North Carolina, an area known for its active equestrian community. The region is home to hunter pace events, dressage and carriage clubs, fox hunting, three horse show circuits, and an annual steeplechase. With a major highway system that includes I-26, U.S. 74 and scenic Highway 9, youíll find proximity to major airports and ease of travel to nearby towns such as Asheville, Hendersonville, Saluda and Lake Lure. Charlotte and Atlanta are easily accessed via the Interstate system. Suncatcher Farm is located near the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) as well as the new Green Creek Equestrian Park. The hunt territory of the Green Creek Hounds is only a short hack from the barn.
Summary of Features
- Move-in condition
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 3,000 square feet of living space
- Built in 2001 and fully updated
- DSL access
- Circular drive
- Ground level access to the main living level
- Garage large enough for two trucks
- Hardie Board siding
- Landscaped with stone walks and terracing
- Covered decks, outdoor patio and swimming pool
- Welcoming, open floor plan
- Great room open to the second level boasting an open, airy feeling
- Easy care kitchen with Corian countertops and stainless steel appliances
- Hardwood laminate flooring
- Master on main with private bath and custom storage
- Keeping room with raised gas fireplace , built-in book cases and French doors
- Two upstairs guest rooms with full baths
- Lower level space for potential private apartment
- 49 acres with pastoral, rolling terrain
- Bold creek runs through the property
- Mature native hardwoods and evergreens
- Park-like setting
- Paved road access
- Interior road system connects all facilities
- 3 barns with a total of 31 stalls
- 16-stall main barn, 9-stall stallion barn, hay barn, and 6-stall row barn
- Main barn features two-bedroom apartment/office complex, DSL access, two tack rooms, and storage for feed and hay
- 70 X 200 covered arena with bluestone footing
- Outdoor ring with sand footing
- Plenty of level parking for large vans and horse trailers
- 12 fenced and cross-fenced paddocks/pastures with water and several run-in sheds
- All structures in outstanding condition
- Located near Tryon, North Carolina in the heart of Carolina Horse Country
- Easy driving distance to the surrounding towns of Lake Lure, Saluda, Hendersonville and Asheville
- Easy access to major routes I-26 and U.S. 74
- Central location providing an easy drive to the larger cities of Greenville, Spartanburg, Charlotte and Atlanta
- Proximity to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) and Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Proximity to the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE)
- Close proximity to the new 96-acre Green Creek Equestrian Park, North Carolinaís newest national caliber equestrian facility with plans for 500 stalls, 10 rings and a steeplechase track
- Located near the center of the regionís year-round equestrian amenities including both regional and nationally-ranked horse shows, dressage, hunter pace events, carriage driving, fox hunting, steeplechase, tack shops and feed stores
Price | Inactive listing
Contact | For similar properties on the market, contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah