Glassy Mountain Retreat
The Cliffs at Glassy ® Golf Community
Experience the epitome of mountaintop living. Situated on a ridgeline in The Cliffs at Glassy®, this spectacular post and beam home showcases the mountain scenery, bringing breathtaking views into every room. Featured in South Carolina Magazine, and more recently in South Carolina Homes and Garden, the superb craftsmanship and design of the home maximizes the dramatic setting while creating nothing short of an aesthetic masterpiece inside. You and your guests will enjoy the roaring fire in the great room, the outdoor waterfall, and the scenic multiple decks and covered porches overlooking panoramic vistas. This masterful residence is a great hideaway for vacationing or year round living.
The Residence |
Rustic elegance defines this custom-designed Mill Creek Post and Beam home built in 2006. Multiple rooflines, pointing to a towering center, are accented by copper flashing and antique chimney caps imported from England. Inside, an open floor plan of approximately 4600 square feet features a spacious great room, kitchen and dining room, main level master, two guest bedrooms, three and one half baths, media room, a loft-style game room and study, mud/laundry room and oversized double car garage.
From the moment you open the heavy custom hammered hardwood double entry doors, you will be captivated by the aesthetic quality of this magnificent home. Natural elements such as slate, pine and maple flooring blend beautifully to highlight the interior. The use of huge timbers, stone and glass further enhance the mountain feel of the organic design.
Great Room |
An impressive great room features soaring ceilings, random width richly grained maple flooring, and a massive 2-story stacked stone fireplace flanked on either side by French doors opening onto a covered porch and open decks. Added to the highlights are beautiful faux painted walls accented by warm wood tones and natural finishes.
This gourmet’s delight is guaranteed to inspire your senses as well as your taste buds. A uniquely designed custom wrought iron pot rack rises over a center island only to be artistically outdone by a slate-covered Dacor range hood suspended from the ceiling. Granite countertops and custom cabinetry are complimented by Jenn-Air appliances including stove and gas cooktop, microwave and convection oven, dishwasher, and paneled refrigerator.
Windows and scenic views surround a comfortable and casual dining area. Double French doors provide easy access to spacious decks for outdoor entertaining.
An upper level loft overlooking the great room below is the perfect spot for your favorite recreation or game room. Take a few steps further up and you are into the pinnacle of the home with a private study looking out over the mountains. Attention to detail in these lofty spaces include pine flooring, inlaid designs of mountain laurel on balcony rails, faux leather painting and dramatic ceilings.
Master Suite |
Located on the main level, the privacy of the master suite is maintained by entering through an alcove at the end of a hallway. Let your eyes gaze upon the painted mural before opening the double entry doors that lead into this spacious bedroom. Outside is your very own private balcony with corner hot tub, perfect for relaxing and stargazing. The master bath is lavish and offers His and Her vanities, slate floors, an oversize slate shower, and a lighted infinity whirlpool tub.
Lower Level |
The lower level completes the home with two guest suites; each with its own full bath. Both suites have French doors leading out onto open balconies.
Media Room |
Enjoy hours of electronic entertainment from this sensational media room with gas log fireplace. At the opposite end of this large room is a wet bar fully equipped with copper sink, stainless bar refrigerator and built-in shelves and cabinets.
Outdoor Spaces |
Listen to the sounds of the mountains, the sounds of the forest, and the sounds of nature while looking out over miles of vistas from two levels of Brazilian hardwood decking with wrought iron railings and copper tops. Covered porches with deep overhangs offer additional sanctuaries for easy living. There’s even
an outdoor wood-burning fireplace for your added enjoyment during cool weather evenings.
The Grounds |
The entrance to the dramatic setting of this lovely home is accentuated by a free flowing waterfall running along one full side of the property. At its base is a quiet garden pool with an antique hand pump for a fountain. From there, a wide pebbled pathway surrounds the rear of the home and leads to an outdoor fire pit with stone bench seating. Natural woodlands combined with low maintenance landscaping and flowering plants attract a variety of birds and butterflies for your pleasure.
The Community |
The Cliffs at Glassy® golf community offers luxury living at its finest. Set amid the Carolina foothills, the 3,500-acre gated community is constructed around Glassy Mountain, a natural landmark with a phenomenal granite face rising high above the valley floor. The 18-hole championship golf course, designed by Tom Jackson, is situated at a lofty site atop a 3,000-foot plateau. This course has been rated "Fourth Most Beautiful In The Nation" by Golf Digest.
The community also features a 23,000-square-foot clubhouse that offers formal and casual dining, a selection of conference rooms, a lounge and banquet facilities. Nearby the beautiful Glassy Wellness Center provides tennis courts, and outdoor pool and exercise facility for residents. The main gate is attended 24 hours per day. The community also includes the covered, outdoor Sunset Pavilion and the charming Glassy Chapel.
Summary of Features
- Featured July/August 2007 issue of South Carolina Magazine and again in Sept/Oct 2008 issue of South Carolina Homes and Gardens
- Custom designed Timber frame Package from Mill Creek Post and Beam Homes
- Built 2006
- 7.2 acres
- Builder: Don Schneider
- Exterior: Stone, pine and cedar
- Approximately 4600 square feet of living space
- 3 Bedrooms; 3 Baths
- Security system
- Entryway flanked by trellis-covered flagstone front patio with slate steps
- Brazilian hardwood decking, wrought iron railings and copper caps
- 40-year architectural shingles; copper flashing and decorative antique chimney caps imported from England
- Oversized two-car garage with custom cedar garage doors
- Mudroom/laundry with utility sink
- Infrared controlled electronic system
- Two satellite dishes
- CD, DVD satellite tuner and radio, X Box 360 wireless connection
- Three music zones: decks, master suite, downstairs
- Samsung Plasma TV in Family/Media Room
- Main level floors out of Ambrosia Maple with random widths ranging 4” – 14”
- Custom hammered hardwood double entry doors with iron hardware
- Powder Room with South American hand painted cabinet
- Great Room with wood burning fireplace with screen and 4-foot firebox (oversize)
- Granite countertops throughout home
- Artisan faux painted walls throughout home
- Interior doors pine
- Kohler designer fixtures
- Woodmode and Brookhaven custom cabinets
- Jenn-Air appliances
- Track lighting
- Hallway with mural and double door entry lead into Master suite.
- Master bedroom with vaulted ceiling, ceiling fan, French doors to private deck with a 3-person hot-tub in corner
- Master Bath has slate floors, over-sized slate shower, and Infinity whirlpool tub with electric light show.
- Master closet with custom built-ins and ironing board
- Upper level Recreation Room and separate Study in loft
- Lower level Family/Media Room has stone fireplace with gas logs and oak mantle
- Wet Bar with granite countertop, stainless bar refrigerator, copper sink and built-in shelves and cabinets
- Two lower level guest bedrooms and two full baths; 1 with shower; 1 with clawfoot bath tub
- Faux painted concrete floor, track lighting, and plenty of additional storage on lower level
- Exterior water feature consisting of 250,000 pounds of rock, 6,000 gallons of water, exterior lighting on timer, a 2-pump system; built by Brackens Landscaping
- Outdoor fire pit with three stone benches added in 2007
- Low maintenance landscaping with irrigation system
- Pricing for Furnishings available upon request
- Cliffs Family Membership available with reciprocity to all Cliffs Communities amenities