North Carolina Golf Communities
Asheville to Highlands NC Golf Course Real Estate
Our western North Carolina golf course communities offer an electrifying mountain lifestyle with luxury golf properties and championship resort amenities. If you're looking for golf property in a master planned community anywhere from Asheville and Hendersonville to Cashiers and Highlands NC, the Realtors of Sheelah Clarkson Asheville Real Estate Agency can help you find your new golf course home, condo or villa. To receive listings of golf property for sale in the mountains of western North Carolina or luxury golf real estate in upstate South Carolina, please contact us.
Our Featured Golf Homes For Sale
Champion Hills | SOLD! Located in North Carolina's top-rated Tom Fazio golf course community, this Champion Hills home boasts incredible mountain views and all the luxuries you would expect in a home of this caliber. The cottage features a gourmet Viking designer kitchen, high ceilings, luxurious master suite, surround sound, Outdoors, enjoy the screened porch, ironwood decks, mature landscaping and end of road privacy. You'll appreciate lock-and-leave living at its best at this incredible low-maintenance mountain cottage.
Lakefront in Crooked Creek | SOLD FULL PRICE! This stunning lakefront lot in pastoral Crooked Creek golf community can be your new homesite. The corner lot is an ideal building site with level terrain, idyllic lakefront setting, and walking distance to the clubhouse and golf course. Crooked Creek is a desirable golf community with a private 10-acre stocked lake for fishing and boating by residents only, restrictive covenants, underground utilities, a private 5-acre park for recreation, and an 18-hole golf course.
Kenmure Golf Home | SOLD! This exceptional ridgetop estate home features gracious living amid exceptional long range mountain views. Notice the light and airy open floor plan, 9-foot ceilings, wide screened porch and open decks. The home boasts a fully-equipped kitchen, master on main, large master bath with spa tub, full lower level for hobby and craft space, and workshop space in the garage. You'll appreciate the large 1-acre homesite on a cul-de-sac and all the social and recreational amenities of the Kenmure gated golf community.
Foothills Cottage | SOLD! This eye-catching Cliffs Valley home is an English stone cottage with stylish amenities, new construction, tree house ambiance and plenty of natural light. Distinguished interiors feature authentic stone masonry fireplaces, open floor plan, reclaimed random width oak floors with square pegs, tongue and groove ceilings, two porches, Thermador appliances, honed granite and Venatino marble. This striking residence is the ideal size for today's living or second home. Experience delicious privacy, golf, and all amenities of The Cliffs. Easy access to Greenville and Hendersonville. View more details of this new golf home.
Greater Asheville NC Golf Communities
Jack Nicklaus. Tom Fazio. Arnold Palmer. Donald Ross. Tom Jackson. Our Blue Ridge Mountain golf courses have been crafted by architects of international renown. And with the opening of five Cliffs Communities, luxury golfing in the Carolina mountains now rivals golf resorts anywhere in the nation. Contact us to receive listings of luxury golf course homes and condos for sale in:
|The Cliffs Golf Communities||Asheville Golf Communities|
|Hendersonville Golf Communities||Brevard Golf Communities|
|Highlands Golf Communities||Cashiers Golf Communities|
|Waynesville Golf Communities||Tryon Golf Communities|
- The Cliffs at Walnut Cove | Asheville’s luxury gated golf community, the Cliffs at Walnut Cove is the epitome of golfing in the southeast. This master planned development features 1,300 acres adjoining Pisgah National Forest, a Jack Nicklaus signature golf course and award-winning clubhouse. If you want to live amid world class luxury in Asheville, The Cliffs at Walnut Cove is the preeminent address. Currently, single family homes, lots and townhomes are available.
- The Cliffs at Mountain Park | This new luxury golf community on 5,000 acres in the Carolina mountains of upstate South Carolina will feature an 18-hole Gary Player golf course, wellness center, arboretum and pedestrian village. An enclave of luxury custom homes will debut as Gary Player's first residential development in the United States. We're expecting some of the most exclusive golf course real estate in the nation to be showcased here.
- The Cliffs at Glassy | The first Cliffs Community, this gated golf development spans 3,500 mountain acres with panoramic views across the Carolina foothills. The Tom Jackson championship golf course reaches 3,200 feet above sea level on Glassy Mountain. This community has been ranked as one of America's Top 100 Golf communities by Travel & Leisure Golf. It's also made Golfweek's list of "America's Best Top 100 Residential Courses."
- Cliffs Valley | Bordered by thousands of acres protected by The Nature Conservancy, Cliffs Valley is ideally located in a spectacular mountain setting only 15 minutes to Greenville, South Carolina and 15 minutes to Hendersonville, North Carolina. The 18-hole championship golf course designed in the Parkland Style is the creation of Ben Wright. The community features a clubhouse, state-of-the-art wellness center, Olympic pool, and tennis courts. The homes at Cliffs Valley boast some of the most dramatic mountain views in the region.
- The Cliffs at Keowee | Located on 18,500-acre Lake Keowee and adjacent to Lake Jocassee, this new Cliffs community reigns as the jewel of upstate South Carolina. It features a Tom Fazio 18-hole championship course at Keowee Vineyards with 8 holes directly on the lake plus a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course to be completed in 2007 at Keowee Falls. There are three distinctive residential communities here offering both luxury golf homesites and new homes. The development also features a marina, equestrian center and wellness center.
Reems Creek Golf Community | Located just north of Asheville in the pristine Reems Creek valley, this private golf community features an 18-hole course, pro shop, swimming pool and clubhouse. Recently constructed homes and golf villas surround the fairways, many offering brilliant mountain views.
- Biltmore Forest | Surrounded by Asheville and the legendary Biltmore Estate, Biltmore Forest is one of the most exclusive towns in the nation. The residences range from vintage 1920s homes to grand residences with recent construction. Magnificent historic estate homes along the Golden Horseshoe offer majestic views across the Biltmore Forest golf course. Donald Ross designed this 18-hole course in the early 1920s and the Biltmore Forest Country Club has been a center of social life in the Asheville area since 1922.
- High Vista Country Club | High Vista is a gated community located between Asheville and Hendersonville. The development features two clubhouses, a swimming pool and lighted tennis courts. Both single family homes and golf condominiums are available for re-sale here. You’ll enjoy golf course real estate with sweeping mountain views. Don’t overlook High Vista if you want to live close to Asheville.
- Grove Park | The Grove Park community is a traditional Asheville neighborhood with historic significance. A number of homes in this neighborhood lie along the rolling golf course of the famed Grove Park Inn. The golf course, originally opened 1899 and redesigned by Donald Ross in 1924, now serves as the resort course for the Grove Park Inn. The Grove Park neighborhood was created in 1923 by the inn’s developer, E.W. Grove. In 1990, this neighborhood became the Grove Park Historic District and is listed in the National Historic Register. The architectural styles of the homes in Grove Park range from Tudor Revival and Craftsman Bungalow to Colonial Revival.
- Asheville Country Club & Lakeview Park | These two North Asheville neighborhoods are situated along the fairways of the Country Club of Asheville. Recognized by the USGA as one of the first 100 clubs in the US, the Country Club of Asheville was founded in 1894. Homes in the Asheville Country Club subdivision offer views to the rolling tree-lined greens. Lakeview Park, developed in the early 1900s along with Beaver Lake, features a collection of stunning homes from the 1920s with grand architectural styling. An early promotional brochure for Lakeview Park pronounces the community to be “a sylvan center of homes, forever and aye” and the course to be “equal in rank with the finest golf courses on earth today.”
Kenmure | Located in the Village of Flat Rock just south of Hendersonville, Kenmure is a classic North Carolina golf community. The centerpiece of this community is a historic Flat Rock mansion, constructed circa 1850, which serves as the elegant club house. The development includes a full range of amenities including dining, pro shop, fitness center and tennis. The golf course properties in Kenmure include graceful private residences, golf course villas and mountain homesites.
- Champion Hills | This classic mountain golf community near Hendersonville is set on a stunning landscape that spans 700 acres. The development includes an 18-hole golf course by master architect Tom Fazio, a mountain lodge style clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts and fitness center. The community is offering single family homes as well as homesites.
- Cummings Cove | Golfers of all ability levels will enjoy this master planned development with two gated entrances, 18-hole golf course, pro shop, tennis courts and swimming pool. Located just west of Hendersonville, this 600-acre community offers homes, villas and homesites.
- Laurel Park | If you’re looking for a traditional Hendersonville neighborhood with views of the golf course, consider Laurel Park. The Hendersonville Country Club golf course, built in 1927 by designer Donald Ross and redesigned in 1990 by Tom Fazio, is the setting for several homes in the town of Laurel Park, just west of downtown Hendersonville NC.
- Lake Toxaway | Located west of Brevard, Lake Toxaway is a private golf community at North Carolina’s largest private lake. Originally developed circa 1903 as a recreational playground of America’s wealthy, including the Fords, Edisons and Rockefellers, Lake Toxaway today offers a distinguished country club, Tom Fazio designed golf course, tennis, fitness center and lake activities.
- Glen Cannon | This private community in Brevard is set on 900 mountain acres. The 18-hole semi-private course was designed by William B. Anderson in 1966. Amenities include a clubhouse with dining, swimming pool and tennis courts. The community features both single family homes and condos built in the 1970s to 1990s.
- Connestee Falls | Golf facilities, lake activities, wellness center, swimming pool, tennis and dining at the Overlook Clubhouse all await you at Connestee Falls. Located just south of Brevard, this planned community features charming homes, four lakes, hiking trails and a laid back mountain lifestyle. The semi-private golf course designed by George Cobb is a challenging mountain course set amid an undisturbed natural setting.
Highlands Cove | The gated community of Highlands Cove is located on 430 mountain acres. Here, you’ll find an 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Jackson, clubhouse, dining, tennis courts, fitness center and golf pro shop. Unlike other communities, Highlands Cove doesn’t require initiation fees or membership fees. All amenities are available on a pay-as-you-go basis. The development is currently offering homesites, new single family homes and condos.
- Cullasaja Club | This gated community offers lakefront and lakeview homes as well as golf course villas and cottages. The exceptional clubhouse provides fine dining and fitness rooms, lighted tennis courts and swimming facilities. Arnold Palmer designed the 18-hole championship course laid out along the Cullasaja River. At the Cullasaja Club, you can also enjoy boating and fishing on beautiful Lake Ravenel.
- Highlands Country Club | Built by Donald Ross in 1928, the golf course at Highlands Country Club is the centerpiece of the first private equity club in the Highlands area. Here, you’ll find luxury homes ranging from the original cottages of the 1920s and 1930s to golf condos and new homes constructed with soaring roof lines and state-of-the-art amenities. With its clubhouse, fine dining, tennis, heated pool and views of serene Lake Sequoyah, this golf community has been a focus of social life in Highlands for decades.
- Highland Falls Country Club | With its Joe Lee designed course and a myriad of social events, Highlands Falls is a community golfers will appreciate. The club offers golf tournaments, lessons and camps throughout the season. At the clubhouse, you can enjoy gourmet dining, the exquisite new fitness center, heated swimming pool and four tennis courts. The community features single family homes, golf course villas and condominiums.
- Wildcat Cliffs Country Club | Situated on 350 acres at beautiful Whiteside Mountain, this private North Carolina golf community offers a spacious clubhouse with full service dining, three tennis courts, golf pro shop, and fitness center with indoor pool and spa. Designed by golf course architect George Cobb, the 18-hole championship course opened in 1961. Luxurious single family homes surround the fairways offering views of the course and the mountains.
- Trillium | This 900-acre gated community in Cashiers boasts an award-winning mountain golf course designed by PGA golf pro Morris Hatalsky. Both single family homes and luxury condos are available at Trillium, designed into natural landscapes along the shores of Lake Glenville. Residents enjoy PGA pro golf clinics, tennis courts and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. Gourmet dining is available at both the clubhouse and lakeside restaurant.
- Fairfield Sapphire Valley | If you’re looking for a peaceful resort community in the mountains, check out Fairfield Sapphire Valley. Located on an astonishing 5,700 acres in the mountains between Brevard and Cashiers, this golfing resort features an 18-hole championship golf course, recreation center with indoor and outdoor pools, eight Har-Tru tennis courts and two all weather courts. In addition, residents can enjoy fishing and boating on the beautiful Fairfield Lake.
- Chinquapin | Set amid pristine conservation lands, this new 2,000-acre community near Cashiers features a natural setting with fishing ponds, hiking trails, waterfalls and mountain streams. The architectural styles of homes at Chinquapin reflect those of Appalachian influence and historic national park lodges with an interplay of stone, exposed beams and native materials. At Chinquapin, you can also enjoy fishing, boating and the Trillium Links golf course.
- Sapphire Lakes | A golfer’s paradise on a glistening lake is waiting for you at Sapphire Lakes in Sapphire, located only a few miles east of Cashiers. This master planned community boasts a country club with five dining rooms, fitness center, heated pool, tennis courts and pavilion. The development features single family residences and golf villas overlooking both the 18-hole course and superb mountain vistas. The Tom Jackson designed golf course, built in 1985, offers a hilly terrain with lovely tree-lined fairways.
- Balsam Mountain Preserve | Set on 4,400 sprawling mountain acres, Balsam Mountain Preserve is an unparalleled master planned community with gated privacy, mountain charm, and proximity to the towns of Waynesville and Sylva. Builder showcase homes and cottages are now being offered in the $1 million range. Planned amenities include fitness center, stables, pool, tennis courts, and a central boarding house. The 18-hole Arnold Palmer golf course is slated for completion in 2006.
- Laurel Ridge | Discover the 18-hole Robert Cupp championship golf course at Waynesville’s private golf community. You’ll also enjoy tennis, swimming, dining and a full calendar of social events at the delightful Pavilion on the Knoll. This community includes gracious single family homes, many with extraordinary mountain views.
- Little Creek Estates | Located west of Asheville, outside the town of Canton, the Springdale Golf Club features this new residential community offering three- and four-acre homesites with views of Cold Mountain.
- Red Fox Country Club | In the treasured horse country of Polk County, you’ll find Red Fox Country Club. This private community features a clubhouse, banquet facilities, pro shop, and estate size homes on spacious wooded lots. The championship 18-hole course, designed by Ellis Maples, has been rated by Golf Digest as one of the top 100 courses in the nation.
- Links O' Tryon | Located at the South Carolina state line near Tryon, Links O’ Tryon is a private community with beautiful homes overlooking the greens. Golfers will enjoy the open Scottish style course designed by Tom Jackson. Constructed in 1987, it was celebrated as one of the top courses in the nation in the early 1990s. The club is semi-private with a golf pro shop, clubhouse, swimming complex and tennis courts.
North Carolina Golf Resorts
If you're looking for vacation golfing at its finest, our mountains offer a full spectrum of opportunities from challenging lakeside courses to fairways at the high peaks of the Blue Ridge. Here are two more western North Carolina golf communities with stunning second homes, vacation getaways and golf villas ideal for a summer retreat or a rich autumn adventure.
- Fairfield Mountains | Located in the resort town of Lake Lure, this golf resort offers lakeside golfing on two 18-hole golf courses as well as homes, condominiums and homesites. You’ll also find a wide range of resort amenities including tennis courts, swimming pool, marina and restaurants.
- Mountain Air | You haven’t experienced resort golf until you’ve seen Mountain Air. Only 35 minutes north of Asheville, this mountain golf community is located in the highlands at Burnsville, North Carolina. Having won numerous accolades from “Top 50 Golf Communities” (Luxury Golf Homes) to “Top 100 Master Planned Golf Communities” (Where to Retire Magazine), Mountain Air features enclaves of luxury homes, a championship golf course designed by Scott Pool, clubhouse, swimming pool and even a mountain runway for those traveling by private jet.