60-Acre Private Equestrian Estate
Near the Tryon International Equestrian Center at Tryon NC
This stunning 60-acre farm offers level open land, mountain views and direct CETA trails access. With huge development potential, the property is ideal for subdivision of mini farms or a state-of-the-art training center. Features include gated entrance, pastures with established grass, 3-board fencing, 3-stall barn, and stream. Enjoy the 1996 architecturally designed Low Country home with open floor plan and high ceilings plus 3-bay garage with guest quarters. This 60-acre equestrian masterpiece is located just 9.9 miles from the Tryon International Equestrian Center.
The Property |
As far as the eye can see, this magnificent farm presents a landscape of easy terrain, open fields, and desirable countryside privacy. The acreage is composed of three parcels and includes a charming creek plus more than 7,000 trees planted along the border provide a privacy buffer with adjoining properties.
The Views |
Sweeping panoramic views and quintessential privacy offer an ideal countryside setting. From numerous points on the property and from nearly every room in the house, long range vistas to the Blue Ridge escarpment provide a grand year round landscape.
The Entrance |
Enter the farm from Collinsville Road through a gated brick column entrance. The winding tree-lined drive leads up to the house and guest quarters while a paved circular drive offers easy parking and turnaround at the residence.
The Residence |
Constructed in 1996, this Carolina Low Country styled home was designed by Wiggins & Associates of Hilton Head Island. The 3-bedroom residence includes zoned heating, central vac, and energy efficient windows. A circular paved drive allows easy access and convenient parking.
Inside, the home features an open floor plan with 20-foot ceilings and a double spiral staircase in the grand foyer. The residence offers hardwood and ceramic floors plus a kitchen with granite countertops and magnificent great room with soaring ceilings, fireplace and French doors. The master on main provides His and Hers ensuite tiled master baths plus walk-in closets and French doors opening to views of the distant mountains. A delightful study is located in a quiet corner of the house. The formal dining room provides easy access off the kitchen and is open to the great room. All rooms in the home feature totally private views across the grounds.
Long covered rocking chair porches grace both the front and back of the home, providing the ideal venue for either quiet solace or guest entertainment.
Garage & Guest Quarters |
The property includes a 3-bay garage with paved parking are. Above the garage, guests will enjoy privacy with the convenience of an open living room, bedroom, full bath, dining area and full kitchen. A charming private deck overlooks the grounds.
Equestrian Facilities |
For equestrians, this farm offers acres of established grass, 3-board fencing, 3-stall shed row barn, paddock and run-in shed. The acreage offers numerous building sites for the addition of a state-of-the-art equestrian facility with indoor and outdoor arenas. Riders will appreciate direct access to CETA equestrian trails system. Located in the heart of Tryon horse country, the farm is situated less than 2 miles from the state-of-the-art Tryon Equine Hospital and the local Aqua Rehab Center offering hydrotherapy aquatread system for horses. Enjoy easy proximity to the area’s tack shops, feed stores, and equestrian centers including FENCE and Harmon Field. The new Tryon International Equestrian Center is an easy 9.9 miles away.
The Potential |
With level acreage, open fields, direct equestrian trails access, and a prime location near the Tryon Equine Hospital and Tryon International Equestrian Center, this property is ideal for subdivision into mini-farms, for the development of a state-of-the-art equestrian training center, for a family compound designed for a gracious multi-generational lifestyle, or for continued use as a private equestrian estate.
The Location |
Poised in the heart of Tryon Horse Country, this stunning 6o-acre property is only 1.8 miles from the state-of-the-art Tryon Equine Hospital and just 9.9 miles from the Tryon International Equestrian Center. Red Fox Country Club is located 2.9 miles from the farm and I-26 is easily accessed in 3.5 miles. Shopping and dining in Landrum SC are located 5 miles away while the towns of Columbus and Tryon are just over 9 miles from the farm.
Summary of Features
- 60+ acres of level to rolling open terrain
- Exceptional 24/7 year round views
- Gated entrance with brick columns and lighting
- Tree-lined drive
- Paved circular drive at the house
- Detached 3-car garage
- Guest apartment above the garage
- Many heirloom plantings
- Over 7,000 trees planted along the border provide a privacy buffer with adjoining properties
- Built in 1996
- 3 bedrooms; 2 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 3400 square feet of living space
- Architect-designed by Wiggins & Associates of Hilton Head Island
- Carolina Low Country styling
- Dual zone heating and air conditioning
- 20-foot ceilings in the grand foyer
- Open floor plan
- High ceilings throughout the main level
- Hardwood and ceramic tile floors
- Kitchen with granite countertops, dual ovens and breakfast nook
- Two long rocking chair porches with views
- Master suite on main
- Private dining area with stunning views
- Office on main
- Guest bedrooms, bath and balcony on upper floor
- Dramatic mountain views from nearly every room
- Located in the heart of Tryon horse country
- 3-stall shed row barn with 12 X 12 stalls, feed room and wash rack
- Run-in shed and paddock
- Pasture with 3-board fencing
- Direct access to the CETA equestrian trails system
- Within 2 miles of the state-of-the-art Tryon Equine Hospital and the local Aqua Rehab Center offering hydrotherapy aquatread system for horses
- Easy proximity to tack shops, feed stores, and equestrian centers including FENCE and the Tryon International Equestrian Center
- Ideal for development into mini farms
- Ideal for developing a state-of-the-art equestrian training center or horse farm
- Ideal as a private equestrian estate
- Perfect for a family compound and multi-generational living
- Land plans for subdivision into mini farms available
- Located in the heart of Tryon Horse Country
- 1.2 miles to the Aqua Rehab Center offering hydrotherapy aquatread system for horses
- 1.8 miles from the state-of-the-art Tryon Equine Hospital
- 2.9 miles from Red Fox Country Club
- 3.5 miles from I-26
- 5.5 miles from Landrum, SC
- 6 miles to multiple feed stores
- 7 miles to tack shop
- 9.3 miles from Tryon, NC
- 9.4 miles to Columbus, NC
- 9.9 miles to the Tryon International Equestrian Center
- 23 miles to Marchman Field/Rutherford County Airport
- 25 miles to Spartanburg, SC
- 35 miles from Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 582440
Price | Offered at $2,590,000
Contact | To schedule a showing, please contact Elizabeth Pope or Sheelah Clarkson
or call Elizabeth
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.