Dancing Horse Farm
18.9-Acre Luxury Equestrian Estate in the North Carolina Foothills
Discerning buyers will appreciate this spectacular 18.9-acre estate in the Carolina foothills with its gracious antique brick Tidewater style home, immaculate grounds and full equestrian amenities. The main residence boasts an extraordinary main level master wing, wide plank heart pine floors, and heated pool with pergola. Unsurpassed equestrian facilities include a custom barn; 20X60-meter covered arena with prime footing and state-of-the-art misting system; board fenced paddocks and pastures; and direct access to private riding trails. The guest cottage with separate entrance is located in a secluded woodland setting.
The Residence |
The sophisticated main residence offers more than 4,600 square feet of living space with an exterior of antique brick. Features include copper gutters and downspouts, zoned heating, Onan generator, and an oversized two-car garage with exercise room above. The entire home is wired for sound, TV and radio with a centralized Elan home sound/entertainment system which is controlled by wall mounted touch pads in each room.
The Foyer |
The gracious foyer welcomes you into the residence. The area includes double front doors with transom, wide plank heart pine floors, handsome crown molding and a crafted staircase featuring antique brass sconces.
Great Room |
Step into this handsome room and experience ample space for gatherings with two sets of French doors opening out to the screened porch. Notice the wide plank heart pine floors, recessed lighting wood burning fireplace with heart pine mantel and tile surround. Attractive pocket doors lead to the adjacent rooms.
Separated from the great room by pocket doors, the study provides the perfect space for a home office or library. The room includes custom bookcases, heart pine wainscoting, crown molding and, a large picture window overlooking grounds. French doors open to the back screened porch. A second study with heart pine floors and plantation shutters is located down the hallway.
The chef will appreciate this spacious and sunny kitchen with its south-facing windows, large center island and breakfast nook with antique brass light fixture. The appliance package features a include Bosch dishwasher; GE stainless steel side by side refrigerator; Thermador 5-burner gas cook top with down draft; Thermador double convection ovens; and under counter built-in microwave. The kitchen also boasts instant hot water, pine cabinetry, built-in window seats and breakfast bar seating. Just off the kitchen, access to the garage is provided by a charming enclosed breezeway with large windows and slate floors.
Perfect for family meals and distinguished entertaining, the formal dining room features high ceilings, wainscoting, crown molding, recessed lighting and lovely antique brass chandelier. A dramatic picture window overlooks the grounds while French doors lead out to the screened porch at the back of the house.
Master Wing |
You’ll appreciate the hushed privacy of the master wing. Designed by architect Hollis-Crocker and constructed in 2006, this exceptional addition offers an attractive vestibule leading from the center of the home to the master bedroom. Notice the antique lighting fixtures, French doors leading outside to the back pool area and stylish arched entryway into the master suite. In the Master wing hallway you’ll find a nook with handy Bosch washer/dryer and sink with Gold Fox Water PH filter.
Master Bedroom |
This magnificent master suite boasts a lovely tray ceiling and a glorious stacked stone fireplace which can be fueled by either wood or gas. A stunning bay window overlooks the back pastures. Windows throughout the master wing are Victor-Bilt wood window brand. The whole house technology system can be controlled from the master suite.
Her Master Bath |
You’ll appreciate a luxurious spa experience in this exceptional master bath. Notice the jetted spa tub set beneath a large picture window with remote control shades. The bath also includes an antique vanity, gleaming marble floors, Kallista and Kohler fixtures, wainscoting, recessed lighting and separate commode room. A huge walk-in master closet is also accessed from this room.
His Master Bath |
Accessed from the master hallway, this handsome bath offers marble tile and countertops, Grohe fixtures, walk-in glass-front shower and separate commode room.
Guest Bedrooms |
The main residence includes 3 guest bedrooms. This room on the lower level includes an ensuite bath, walk-in closet and French doors opening out to the flagstone patio and pool area. The second floor offers two spacious bedrooms, each with a walk-in closet and charming dormer. A Jack and Jill bath is shared by these two rooms. All second floor windows boast Plantation shutters.
Family Room |
Located on the lower level, the family room includes a gas fireplace, sparkling black and white checkerboard marble floor, and two sets of French doors leading out to the flagstone patio and pool. The lower level also features a wine room with tile floor.
Media Room |
Your family and guests will enjoy many hours of entertainment in this handsome media room. The room includes JVC projection system, automatic screen, heavy drapes, recessed theater lighting, separate control room and attractive acoustic wall hangings.
Screened Porch |
Spend easy afternoons on this beautiful screened porch with its sunny skylights, breezy ceiling fans and calming views across the pool, lush landscaping and pastures beyond. Four sets of French doors provide entry to rooms on the main level of the home.
Poised in a secluded spot behind the main residence, this heated in-ground swimming pool with full lap lane provides a relaxing venue for those long, lazy summer days. The surrounding landscape features curved brick walls, iron rail fencing and a lovely pergola with mature vines. This area has direct access to the lower level family room.
Guest Cottage |
This cute two-bedroom cottage is cradled in a woodland setting not far from the main residence. The guest house includes a living room, full kitchen, full bath and outdoor deck. A separate driveway enhances the privacy of this setting.
Follow a gently winding driveway along the fence line and through the woodlands into Dancing Horse Farm. The immaculate estate grounds feature open pastureland, stands of mature hardwoods and a variety of flowering bushes and shrubs.
Equestrian Amenities |
Dancing Horse Farm is a spectacular estate located in the heart of Carolina horse country offering extensive, upscale equestrian facilities for the discerning equestrian. Horsemen will appreciate direct access to the community’s private equestrian trail system. This spectacular estate is located in the heart of Carolina horse country.
This masterfully crafted custom center aisle barn features 4 stalls with Comfort Stall flooring plus brick wash stall, Fly Buster system, and interlocking rubber pavers. The tack room offers Mexican tile floors; and full bath with washer and dryer; heat; and beautiful French doors opening to the front of the stylish barn.
Covered Arena |
Adjacent to the barn area, this 20 X 60-meter covered arena features overhang hip roof and three cupolas for ventilation. Prime footing has a 6-inch base with three inches of manufactured sand with EuroFelt and RX rubber. This arena includes state-of-the-art water conserving misting system with holding tanks. Frames for mirrors have already been installed. The central sound system used at the main house and barn is also wired to the arena.
Pastures & Paddocks |
Dancing Horse Farm features 18.9 acres of rolling terrain with five large pastures. Two paddocks are accessed directly from the barn. All pastures and paddocks are board fenced with runways separating the major pastures.
The Community |
Caroland Farms is a 1200-acre private equestrian community poised on the Carolina state line. As the original conservation development of the area, this premier community ensures protection of the land via conservation easements and community covenants. Caroland Farms offers a 12-mile private equestrian trail system and a distinctive estate setting amid the grandeur of the Carolina foothills.
The Location |
Dancing Horse Farm is cradled in the foothills near Tryon, North Carolina, an area known for its active equestrian community. The region is home to year round hunter pace events, two fox hunts, dressage and carriage clubs, horse shows, horsemanship clinics and the annual Block House Steeplechase. The area’s three equestrian parks include the 380-acre Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE); Green Creek Equestrian Park; and Harmon Field. The charm and character of the Tryon area offers a quality of life unlike any other in the region. Moreover, with a major highway system that includes I-26, U.S. 74 and scenic Highway 9, you’ll find proximity to major airports and ease of travel to the nearby mountain towns of Hendersonville, Saluda, Lake Lure and Asheville.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1990; Additions in 1997 and 2006
- 4 bedrooms; 5 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 4,600 square feet of living space
- Brick and board exterior
- 30-year architectural shingle
- Zoned heating with 3 zones
- Custom antique brick “Tidewater” style home
- Copper gutters and downspouts
- Two wells, one serves main house and guest house while the other serves the barn and covered arena
- Three septic tanks for the house, barn and Guest House
- Oversized two-car garage; exercise room above offers separate outdoor entrance
- Heated in-ground pool with lap lane with pergola and decking around pool
- Entire house, barn and covered arena are wired for sound, TV and radio. Cameras in the barn are also connected to this system.
- The Elan home sound/entertainment system is controlled by wall mounted touch pads with speakers in almost every room
- Whole house humidity control
- Onan RS/2000 Genset generator
The Guest Cottage
- Welcoming foyer with wide plank heart pine floors and handsome staircase
- Great room with wide plank heart pine floors, wood burning fireplace, bay windows, handsome pocket doors and two sets of French doors leading out to the screened porch
- Large sunny kitchen with south-facing windows; breakfast nook;
- Appliances include Bosch dishwasher; GE stainless steel side by side refrigerator; Thermador 5-burner gas cook top with down draft; Thermador double convection ovens; under counter built-in microwave; Instant hot water; Disposal
- Grand dining room with high ceilings, French doors opening to the screened porch, picture window overlooking the grounds, handsome chandelier and recessed lighting
- Handsome office with plantation shutters, floor to ceiling bookcases and heart pine floors
- Vestibule to master suite with French doors to private porch featuring steps to the pool area
- Master Suite on the main level with antique heart pine wide plank floors; Tray ceiling; fireplace; and bay window
- His Master Bath with sink, toilet, shower, built-in cabinets, marble tile floors and walls, walk-in closet with extensive built-ins; Kallista and Kohler fixtures
- Her Master Bath with sink, toilet, bidet, Jacuzzi tub with heated jets; Kallista and Kohler fixtures
- Second floor featuring two spacious bedrooms, each with walk-in closet, storage and dormers. Jack and Jill bath between them and plantation shutters on all second floor windows
- Screen porch which runs the full length of the home and overlooks the in-ground pool and back pastures
- Lower level family room with fireplace and black and white checked marble floor
- Lower level bedroom and bath with walk-in closet
- Media room with bath with walk-in closet
- Wine room with tile floor
- Patio under the upstairs porch featuring flagstone and French Doors from each lower level room
- Separate driveway
- Set in the woods for privacy
- Living room; Kitchen; Two bedrooms; One bath
Caroland Farms Community
- 18.94 acres of rolling acreage
- Custom center aisle barn with interlocking rubber pavers
- Four stalls with Comfort Stall flooring
- Brick wash stall
- Tack room with Mexican tile floor and French doors
- Full bath with washer and dryer
- Feed room with Mexican tile floors and knotty pine walls
- Fly Buster system
- Lower bevel of barn featuring two stalls and three equipment bays
- Covered arena, 20 X 60 meters, with state-of-the-art misting system plus prime footing of manufactured sand with EuroFelt and RX rubber
- 5 board-fenced pastures and 2 paddocks
- Direct access to the Caroland Farms private equestrian trail system
- Easy access for horse trailers and vans
- Convenient to local tack shops, feed stores and equestrian venues
- Less than 10 minutes to the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE)
- Proximity to the new Green Creek Equestrian Park
- A 1200-acre private equestrian community
- Stunning private community protected by covenants
- Conservation easements protect farmland and green space
- Neighboring farms are of similar size and quality
- 12 miles of private equestrian trails
- Located in Caroland Farms equestrian community
- 3 miles to I-26
- 5 miles to Landrum SC
- 8 miles to Tryon NC
- 8 miles to Columbus NC
- 25 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 25 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 35 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP)
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
Price | Call for pricing
Contact | To arrange for a private showing, please
contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah